Best Brisket I've Ever Made...PICS!!!!

Honestjbone

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Ok guys, it's official. I've finally made the best brisket yet...well actually only after 7-8 briskets. I'm pretty much a minimalist and prefer the easiest method to do one and i've finally got my technique down. A Texas style, NO wrap, NO look (except for 1 spritz, and check for jiggly consistency) and a little end wrap..and wa'lah.....

Used WSM & DigiQ
12lb brisket used Salt, Pepper, Lawrys seasoning salt for Rub
Fat Side down towards the fire
Put on at 9-10pm took off around 11:30am next day
Spritzed once, came out just a tad dry on the outside. Probably because I didn't spritz enough. I literally put it on, and went to bed.
Took it off @ 205 internal Temp. All parts and sections we're pull tender, fell under its own weight with just a minor small tug.
I'm super happy as i live in Chicagoland area and my love for the Texas BBQ culture has me on my knees begging for more.

I didn't wrap and it was moist, juicy, and pull tender. Proof you can get a killer brisket without much care...I just left it be..Next time i'll spritz with Worschister sauce/Water Mix more to help prevent the outside from getting a tad too dry

Oh and temps were 250-275..Cold weather had the temps fluctuating a bit even with the digiQ and WSM loaded with fuel

Merry Christmas Guys!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 601
Great looking brisket. It goes to show for a juicy and tender brisket, you don't need injections etc. You just have to cook it correctly.

This one's mine, I call it! :hungry:

attachment.php

Thanks guys! Yea I couldn't believe it, not too smokey and could taste that natural beef flavour. Plus it was juicy the juice was dripping out of the deckle when I pulled it too nice and pliable.

I would suggest for some guys struggling to not wrap, keep a consistent temp, and rub it LIBERALLY for a nice crusty bark. Also the probe tender butta' feel and jello shake when it's done is totally true.

I couldn't have done it without your guys' help and this forum so thank you. I started smoking bbq February of this year and this is my 7th or 8th brisket I've done so it's very possible

That's a great looking brisket. I've only done two. The first was not good at all. 2nd was better but not great. Hoping to do my third over New Years eve/day. If it turns out like yours I'll be very happy.

That's a great looking brisket. I've only done two. The first was not good at all. 2nd was better but not great. Hoping to do my third over New Years eve/day. If it turns out like yours I'll be very happy.

Thank you! If you wanna when it's about done start checking for a nice jiggle to it and a butter probe tendency, maybe try not wrapping it at all just so it's easier, less hassle, loss of heat and smoke etc. spritz liberally a few times and wait till 200-210 I.T. Till you see that jiggle juicy tender feel and look

Back