• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatty Friday (dessert fatty pron)

sampson

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Couldn't wait for tomorrow when I'm firing up the drum for a seven pound butt. So I whipped up a few fatties to get me by. Tried something new on one of them, how about a dessert fatty? I started with maple JD, added chopped apples, cheddar cheese, a big handful of dark brown sugar, one egg and a bit of bread crumbs. The finished product is pretty tasty but cooking was a pain, even after it was taken to almost frozen before cooking, it still wanted to fall through the grate. I ended up rolling it onto some foil til it firmed up. The other two are a mix of some big old fat bacon chunks that I rendered, some sauted onion and garlic, a bit of cheddar chunks, some more jack cheese, lots of my pork rub and a bit of my buddy T's steak dust. Also threw in an egg and some crumbs into these just to hold things together a bit. I've been mixing everything together lately rather than trying to stuff the middle. You never have a blow out and there's a bit of everything in every bite.

The goodies...

100_1441.jpg

The dessert goodies, that's apple chunks mixed with cheddar cheese
100_1445.jpg

Hey, that fat guy sure looks happy!
100_1460.jpg

That kid looks happy too...
100_1457.jpg

Dessert Fatty on the right
100_1451.jpg

Another shot of dessert munchies...
100_1465.jpg

Can you guess what we're having for breakfast???

Hmmm..Dessert fattie? :?::cool::-D:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Why Not...they look great!

Whoa! Those look awsome! Very novel idea with the dessert fatty. No pictures of the butt?

very good looks like you and the kid are fatty happy

smoke on and dont forget the pics of the butt today

Great idea!! Looks real good. Does Q4U's T sell the rub in the background?? T is the man by the way!!

Great idea!! Looks real good. Does Q4U's T sell the rub in the background?? T is the man by the way!!

Gotta agree about T being the man, I consider myself blessed to call him and his wife Becki friends. Some time go check out this website, http://www.forbetterlife.org/be_inspired/tv.asp. T is the bartender in the video titled "the good stuff", and I tell you what, there's no acting going on there. That's who he really is...
And yes, you can buy his rubs, go to Q4U.com.

That looks good! I just put two fatties on an hour ago. Both 2lb Jimmy Dean regular. I added about 3 tbsp maple syrup to one of them. I'm hungry for them now after this. I hope I remain patient.

those are prolly the best looking fatties I have ever seen or at least in top 10

Back