• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Five Dollar Turkey...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I grabbed a $5.21 fresh turkey today at Kroger. I have it in a brine right now, to cook on the rotisserie tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be fantastic -- 80 degrees. Then.... rain and 43 on Thursday, and ice on Friday. :rolleyes:

So, for five bucks, I figured why not cook while the good weather lasts.

More to come.

Anyone else picked up any bargain birds post Thanksgiving?

CD

No, but I'll dang sure be checkin da sto now.

Now, the dilemma is: This thread is in the TD subforum. Woodpile Lite. There has been no reference to either a delinquency or on topic aspect. To whack, or doodle? THAT, is the question.

Dang, I though I was doing good getting my 18lbr for $10 at $.59/lb.

Now, the dilemma is: This thread is in the TD subforum. Woodpile Lite. There has been no reference to either a delinquency or on topic aspect. To whack, or doodle? THAT, is the question.

Well fark! I thought I posted this in Q-Talk.

Maybe Ronelle can fix this.

CD

Damn thats cheap.

How big?

We like turkey! So far I've got 8 in the freezer. The six 12-15 pounders were $0.59/lb, the two big ones (+/-20lbs) were $0.39/pound, and we have 2 rain checks for the $0.59/lb birds.

just scored two 20lb birds at Costco yesterday at $0.29lb.. basically $6 per bird... plan on smoking it on New Years Day!!!

I picked up an 18# Jennie-O Fresh last night with plans for Sunday. The big grocery store by my place only had 3 of them left and about 3 butterball frozen. They were still selling for $0.99/#. I probably could have spent a few $ in gas & time to drive around for a better deal, but didn't seem worth it at the time.

Looking forward to see how you do yours. I could use some inspiration. Though, I think I'm going to be lazy and just spatch it and throw it on the drum.

I got a 12 lb Fresh butterball for .47 a LB Mmmm Smoke Turkey samich GOOOD!!! :biggrin1:

Back