Seeing Red all Week! Caution- Graphic displays of pit abuse!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I got a thing for Red Webers!

Some of these were in pretty bad shape and normally I would use the lids for UDS's and cut the lip off the bottom and use it for my soon to be patented drum flange! All craigslist finds, I couldn't bring myself to trash them and didn't want to spend any $$ on these to resell- too much hassle! So the Red Weber Rescue League was formed.

100_2100.jpg

100_2282.jpg

100_2283.jpg

I found a little Red 18.5" Bar-B-Kettle in the scrap bin and went just a little too far in this obsession, got some steel and cut them in circles as a backing for the rusted out leg sockets, and riveted them in place, paint and a little Hi-temp silicone.

100_2301.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2302.jpg

100_2199.jpg

I used steel wool and 3M pads, Dupli-Color Engine Red with ceramic, then finished up with Mequiars resealer glaze and the color pops right out!

I know Rocklin Larry is rebuilding a 26" Weber kettle thats in the same condition, so I thought I'd share my tips if anyone else has this consuming obsession!

Good samaritan you are. If wife complains tell her she's lucky you don't have a thing for St Benards.

Hey bro...I got a Big Green Drum over here that needs a lid...I'm thinkin' Christmas colors! :twisted:

Hey bro...I got a Big Green Drum over here that needs a lid...I'm thinkin' Christmas colors! :twisted:

Sorry only one free lid to those that don't read the entire Ugly Drum Smoker thread!

Sorry only one free lid to those that don't read the entire Ugly Drum Smoker thread!

Now WHY on earth would I want to read all that stuff when I have direct link to the source? :twisted:

Back