Another Pig Candy Thread (with photos)

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I just added some ancho pepper to dark brown sugar...

2115919461_c0c82a3079.jpg

2116700976_ea1cfbc0a7.jpg

2115922833_3f0921d827.jpg

2116703152_7906c423e2.jpg

2115925571_05f6e632a8.jpg

I'm thinking about brown sugar mixed with a little Chipotle Powder for the batch I'm doing for Saturday.

Yours looks amazing!

Larry, chipotle is good... I just wanted to try ancho, and I liked it.. It's a bit sweeter than some others.

Norco, there's some left... It's too much to eat at one time! I made 2 lbs of it.

Mike, the end product was great. I might add a bit more pepper than I did, but only because I like a bit of heat... maybe mix some cayenne, chipotle and ancho.

I made some about a week and a half ago. I like my bacon a little soft so I pulled my candy off a little early, I think I should have left it on about 20 min longer but it was good. just a little too soft.

Curt thanks for the update. Was that regular sliced bacon? Thats what im seeing in the photo.
Definately got to do some of that very soon.
Yours looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

Mike, it's just plain old bacon... nothing fancy.

I've actually thought about getting the pig candy really crispy and using it in a rub. :)

holy cow, that's a lot of brown sugar on there! i get accused of putting brown sugar boulders on the bacon. how long was that on and what temp?

can i have some? cause i'm not sure how it tastes............

interesting shadows on that last shot :biggrin:

as always curt looks great will have to try some of that for christmas breakfast think i will try the thick cut baccon

Ed, nice to see you around still. :)

Rick, I didn't really time it. I put it in a cold oven turned to 350, then once it hits temp, I turn it around every 4 minutes until it's crisp enough for my liking. The 4 minute thing is more to ensure it doesn't overcook than anything else. Make sure your vent is on near the end as it can smoke quite a bit.

I do regular bacon at 400, but lower it to 350 so the sugar doesn't burn. Most of it melts off, which is why I use so much.

Back