The wife loves when I smoke meat

Well-done Dude

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I picked up our smoker before Thanksgiving to do a big bird. Did a test turkey a few weeks before used a orange spice bride from the PBS show primal grill very good. since then I have smoked about a dozen chickens using tips found on this site. Also a pork butt and a shoulder (so good) I did a brisket was ok a little dry but tasty.

Did two chickens today only cost $9.00

20130303_151833.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Good color on that bird. :hungry:

Is that a WSM? Doesn't look like one to me. I'd guess another brand bullet smoker.

Looks great! Good color on that bird. :hungry:

Is that a WSM? Doesn't look like one to me. I'd guess another brand bullet smoker.

Yea Its a cheep green smoker from Lowe's its ok, the thermometer sucked had to replace it and a grate in the bottom makes the coals/wood chunks burn better.

I did my Turbo Tax today and am officially in the market for an up graded smoker.

I like the water tray and the bullet style so many to choose from or build a UDS...what ever we get we'll be hooked up by spring time.

20130303_103305.jpg

Clucker looks TASTEE! I know a lotta folks rave about their ugly barrel smokers ,I got BGEs ,Offsets,Ranchers and WSMs,22&18.My go to smokers are the WSM..unless it is a large crowd,then I fire up the offset.BGE is the best of the bunch but capacity is an issue.

Yea Its a cheep green smoker from Lowe's its ok, the thermometer sucked had to replace it and a grate in the bottom makes the coals/wood chunks burn better.
Gets the job done - that's what matters. It will be fun to pick out an upgrade. :thumb:

Back