Pastrami thanks with pic's

C

CharlieBeasley

I do not remember who posted the thread with the pastrami recipe but Thanks. It only had 5 ingredents ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, papreka, and ground coreander. Here is my results and I have been asked to cook it again soon! Gone Quick! Again thanks to the poster and sorry to forget!

Attachments

• Pastrami0001.jpg
    Pastrami0001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Pastrami0002.jpg
    Pastrami0002.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Pastrami0003.jpg
    Pastrami0003.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 134
  • Pastrami0004.jpg
    Pastrami0004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Pastrami0007.jpg
    Pastrami0007.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 134
I no I keep saying this but I have to try that sometime soon. That stuff look great.

I can't wait for the St. Patricks day sales!!! That looks great!

Worst thread eva. :mad: I'm starvig, have about an hour to go at work then have to sit in rush hour traffic before I can eat something that doesn't look 1/2 as appetizing as that.

Looks great Charley.

Will grab a couple on the next grocery run.

Did you use equal amount of the spices or just kinda wing it?

Might have been me...

If it was recent post it was probably me.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37514

It turns out pretty good. I did three this past weekend. Froze 2 of them.

what temp did you take your to? I have been going 195ish but i have seen others pull theirs at 165. Not sure what difference it would make in texture but at 195 it is tender.

Great job on the pastrami. Will be having Pastrami Sammies to night from the one I Qued Sunday. Can't wait for the St. pats Day sales:icon_bigsmil

M-m-m-m! Boy that looks good. I gotta do one. What did you use for cure?

M-m-m-m! Boy that looks good. I gotta do one. What did you use for cure?

What he bought was a corned beef which is already brined/cured. soak it remove some the the salt from the brining

Thanks pne123 Great recipe. I put it in water for about 12 hours (should have changed the water around 6 hours) smoked it in my smokette 008 for 12 hours at 180, got to 140 internal temp and wrapped it in aluminum foil and put it back in for about 4 hours at 220 pulled it at 178 internal and put it wrap and all in the fridge overnight cut it the next evening. I used about 3 oz of hickory during the first part of the cook.

Also pne123's post has the recipe but it is
4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper (more if you like it peppery)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika

Back