Buckboard Bacon Cure ~ Give Away Contest

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
DSC09308a.jpg

~~~~~ THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED ~~~~~

I got my hands on some complimentary boxes of Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure and my thoughts are to give one box away on this forum….. There are some conditions (which means “strings attached” to this deal).

Conditions - Totally on the honor system, your word is golden:

1. To enter the contest you must be a Buckboard bacon novice. Meaning you have never made Buckboard bacon before.

2. You can enter only ONE time.

3. You should try to cure and smoke at least one thing in the next month, and post the details of the prep, cure, and smoking including some photo’s. (This kit will process 25 pounds of pork butt or pork loin, so you could do something as easy as a 5 pound pork loin roast)

Enter by: making a post in this thread. I’ll take the nicknames of the first 20 posters that respond, and then draw the winner from a hat.

What the heck is Buckboard bacon??

Each Buckboard bacon kit contains the cure, spices and instructions to process 25 pounds (raw weight) of meat. You can use either boneless pork butt, or pork loin.

The process is easy to follow and I have additional "~thirdeye~ tested" instructions that will clarify the procedure, both for curing and for smoking.

Summary of the steps:

Curing will require a zipper bag or vacuum bag, some refrigerator space and about a week of cure time for a loin and about 10 days of cure time for a butt. A beer fridge is perfect.

Soaking: You will need a zipper bag or a food safe plastic bucket for soaking the meat in water following the cure.

Resting: After the soak-out, the meat rests overnight in the fridge.

Smoking time is several hours.

A buckboarded loin resembles Canadian bacon, and a butt is more ham-like. This cure is not for making bacon from a pork belly.

Last edited:
I would be honored. I have always wanted to try buckboard bacon but never seem to have the time or motivation. This sounds like good motivation to me.

I would love to give it a shot!! That stuff looks marvelous!:pray:

I wish to enter the contest....

I got my hands on some complimentary boxes of Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure and my thoughts are to give one box away on this forum….. There are some conditions (which means “strings attached” to this deal).

Conditions - Totally on the honor system, your word is golden:

1. To enter the contest you must be a Buckboard bacon novice. Meaning you have never made Buckboard bacon before.

2. You can enter only ONE time.

3. You should try to cure and smoke at least one thing in the next month, and post the details of the prep, cure, and smoking including some photo’s. (This kit will process 25 pounds of pork butt or pork loin, so you could do something as easy as a 5 pound pork loin roast)

Enter by: making a post in this thread. I’ll take the nicknames of the first 20 posters that respond, and then draw the winner from a hat.

I would like to enter,I have never cured any meat and would like to enter the contest and expand my horizions.

I am in. I have only tried once to cure smoke anything. As a matter of fact. I am currently smoking my first 2 slabs of bacon.

I'm in. I've never done buckboard bacon before either. Putting my UDS together Saturday so this would give me something to smoke :)

Count me in too. Smoke alot but never tried
Buckhorn or any other bacon. Novice to bacon!

I would like to try it. I hope a stab at using Mortons sugar cure for a ham and trying to make corned beef does not disqualify me.

:doh: (knock on wood)

That looked great, would love to try out some on my new UDS

Back