MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Comp Secret is out

Shhhh....try SM and BPS products

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
The Drill Sargent
Got Wood.

no way!
The Drill Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

I've heard Peppered Cows like Happy Endings

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Shhhh....try SM and BPS products

I just purchased two 5 lb bags to try it out. If they work, I'll try the other flavors as well.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
deguerre

Well, it's not like either of you fellers ever actually WON anything now, is it?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
I've heard Peppered Cows like Happy Endings
And so do I

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Well, it's not like either of you fellers ever actually WON anything now, is it?
Yea, not much bling

Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
IamMadMan

I recently purchased 2) 5 lb bags of Apple rub from BPS.

I did not want to try or change the rub on my customers because I believe in absolute consistency in our food products.

However my son is going into the military and we had planned a surprise party to congratulate him on his choices in life and wish him well as he departs us to serve his country. I used the Apple Rub on the ribs and on the pork butts.

Simply Marvelous hit the ball out of the park with the apple rub and now I am thinking of trying some of his other rubs at my grand-daughters birthday party to see what other surprises may be hiding in the other rub products.

At first I was not crazy with the idea of trying a new rub, I was wrong, it was a big hit and I will have to try to contemplate a phase and/or maybe a possible change into a transition to another rub. I will try some of the other rubs before I make a choice so that I can choose the best but that suits my needs.

My hats off to "Simply Marvelous" with a GREAT product, I'm sorry I didn't try it sooner when you used to have the special 2) 5lb combo or the holiday specials and you used to have. I was tempted, but never pulled the trigger, clearly it was my loss.

In the end I credit "Big Poppa Smokers" with his free shipping. That was the final temptation to make it easy for me to try this product. I am anxious to try another of the "SIMPLY MARVELOUS" rubs to see what flavors come through in the new rub.

Anyone wish to suggest what I should try next?
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
big brother smoke

I am glad you are enjoying our Spicy Apple. I am biased of course and like all of them. Each rub brings a little something different to the table.

Thanks for the review,
Steph