MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

Danny Coogle sells them his team name is pitbulls up in smoke

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
SchatzSea
On the road to being a farker

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! Don't get the channel. Funny though, I'm just using some quality "kids and wife are asleep" time, catching up on season 2 of pit masters (I know...where have I been) and enjoying a glass of Templeton Rye whiskey. BTW - if you can find it (virtually impossible outside of Iowa) you owe it to yourself to try, it's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Qrew -- Smokin’ Hot Wife, Two Smokin’ Little Monkeys, and Two Hot Digity Dogs

"Hello. My name is Inigo Pork-toya. You grilled my father. Prepare to fry."

Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yeah, I have one like it.

Up in smoke injector.

http://www.pitbullsupinsmoke.com/barbecue-store.html

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #19
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I am starting to see a pattern here. Young Husband and wife team competes against two older teams. Young team has all kinds of problems. Young team wins. Same story two weeks in a row now!
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #20
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I am starting to see a pattern here. Young Husband and wife team competes against two older teams. Young team has all kinds of problems. Young team wins. Same story two weeks in a row now!
No matter how you look at it it's just another reality show. Must have some kinda drama or it would bore you worse than it does. But on the other hand Dionn and Gary are two of the nicest and most talented pitmasters in the south. They deserve it.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #21
ZBucket
Knows what a fatty is.

Don't like this format nearly as much as watching real comps. Too made for tv for me.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #22
Rocco05
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm watching, reading, and listening to anything that's related to bbq these days. I enjoy listening to Myron and Tuffy trading quips. I never miss an episode and watch the re-runs more often than Seinfeld episodes! Lol.
Rocco05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
holysmokes
Knows what a fatty is.

The problem with the season 1 format was that there wasn't always a winner. The general public wants to see a winner. BBQ will watch anyways.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
White Dog BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmokes View Post
The problem with the season 1 format was that there wasn't always a winner. The general public wants to see a winner. BBQ will watch anyways.
Not to mention it was much more expensive to produce and the viewers never got to hear feedback on how the teams' entries actually turned out.

I really enjoyed Season 1 too, but it's not coming back. It just didn't work for the network.

Erik

1x 14.5" WSM
1x 18" WSM
1x Red Weber Performer
1x Blue Weber Performer
1x Weber 22.5" OneTouch Silver
1x Weber Genesis Silver B
White Dog BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #25
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Huh? Buzzies won the first round. Hardly a young couple team.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #26
alane
Knows what a fatty is.

For those of you that don't have cable or satellite, this is also available for viewing on Amazon. It looks like they even have the current season, although they are a week or so "delayed" on the current episode.

Edit: I tried providing a link but couldn't get it to work. On the left side of the Amazon home screen select Movies, Music, & Games, then select Amazon Instant Video and then search Pitmasters.
alane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #27
BrianS
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post
Our setup was directly behind the pitmasters filming. Pretty cool to see what made it on air. I wonder if they caught us on camera when we dropped our ribs. Either that or the awesome Lebowski throw down that happened Friday night.
Out of curiosity what things did NOT make it on air? I am sure we are just seeing "highlights" on the show.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

Quote:
Buzzie and his son won last week.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
K80Shooter
Full Fledged Farker

I wonder if they are having problems getting sponsership money for the purse. I noticed that for the first two show's that Myron has put up the money. If i'm not mistaken the purse was $2,000.00, if I remember correctly they used to give away a good bit more than this.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Buzzie won the Texas BBQ one last week. The one where Bubba Lattimer and his wife won was The Ultimate BBQ Showdown which also had fellow Brethern Neal "BigMista"