Butts and ribs-ugh!

WabbitSwayer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Seems my belly is not too keen on these fatty pieces of meat. Did a nice butt and spare ribs yesterday. Tasted great, but paid for it with some serious nausea and grumbling all night. Yes, they were cooked high and long enough (190 for butt then foiled for an hour). Seems like I'll have to stick to yardbirds and leaner cuts of meat. Oh well. I will chalk it up to experience. Anyone else not able to partake of these greasy delights?

Not butts and ribs, but, I can't order ribeye steaks out anymore. For some reason it can cause me problems.

I too have to take it easy when eating ribs.

Are you sure it's not something else? My dad recently realized that lettuce didn't sit well with him (or anybody else that was unfortunate to be in the same room with him :p).

Y'all have my deepest sympathy. Hope a seasoning change will relieve the bodily rebellion.

Major bummer.

Another vegan is born. :)

No sauce, I just used lowry's seasoning salt, which I also use for chicken with no problems. I just think it's the fat content. I very rarely eat anything other than chicken breast, fish, occasional steak, and lean burgers. I was eating some more of the butt today but being very careful about scraping off any fat and did better that way. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I did ribs, and I devoured these ones.

What kind of sides did you have with it? Peanuts and green pepper do it to me these days but I still eat them, just know what to expect.
Dave

What kind of sides did you have with it? Peanuts and green pepper do it to me these days but I still eat them, just know what to expect.
Dave
Sides? One whole rack of ribs wth a side of water :mrgreen: I can eat peppers and spicy food without much grief. Greasy, fatty dishes make me feel like I ate a "greazy pork sandwich on a dirty ashtray" (know the movie?)

Not Woodpile; must resist. I have an issue with cashews that cant be talked about here.

No sauce, I just used lowry's seasoning salt, which I also use for chicken with no problems. I just think it's the fat content. I very rarely eat anything other than chicken breast, fish, occasional steak, and lean burgers. I was eating some more of the butt today but being very careful about scraping off any fat and did better that way. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I did ribs, and I devoured these ones.

Wabbit, sounds to me like it is mostly a matter of quantity of fat. If you are accustomed to a low-fat diet, it takes a while for your gut [technical term:-D] to accomodate much fat. If you like the process of cooking the ribs and butt, and the flavor, I would just modify the amount you eat, [maybe try a side other than water:twisted:.
Good que es about quality, not quantity anyway. Isn't it.........hello, isn't it?

Seriously though, I think it is about accomodation. I spent many years on a very low fat [allmost no fat] diet, and when I started eating fat again, I had to go slow till my body adjusted to it.

Don't give up ribs and butt without a fight.

Next time try some sides that have a vinegar base, water is no good except to wash your greasy hands with.
Dave

My three sisters (and my daughter) can't even eat a slice of the leanest pork tenderloin without serious problems later. The youngest sister can't even manage a slice of bacon.

But fatty beef like prime rib or a chicken dish with lots of schmaltz doesn't bother them one bit. Neither does butter or cream. Can't explain it.

Chris

Sounds like you needed a 12 pack to wash it down then you should have no problems:-D

Back