• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Greasy Hill Smokers?

good prices never heard of them. One of the smokers looks just like one that a brethren posted last week with a small firebox problem.

Take a look at this thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168551
And about 1/2 way through the first page is reference to an older thread. I would sure cook on one and give it a good test run before spending any $. On the positive side, I really like the fact that they roll their own tanks and they obviously have solid fab skills if they don't cheap out in the construction.
good prices never heard of them. One of the smokers looks just like one that a brethren posted last week with a small firebox problem.

i can dig on the Charcoal Grills... other than that no so much.. FireBoxes are WAY undersized..

Hi guys,

I stopped by Greasyhills a couple of days ago really nice guy! He talked about the fire box issue some of you are talking about he doesn't think it is a problem nor do most of his clients one thing he did say was it cooks better with a little nose down tilt. I also think it would be very easy to add a small fan to one of the inlets.

It's your money but IMHO proof is in the Puddin! I would like to witness a test cook on it BY HIM before I plunks down my hard earned Franklins. Talk is cheap.

I had the same questions as you do about these smokers. I ran across the A-1 smoker first, check out custompits.com on CL for $1950. While during research I saw the same type setup (pic) on on eBay for $900. Next I came across the set up again at hbtwelding.com, then came greasyhill.com. I called and talked to each of them, although if I remember correctly the $900 on was some type of closeout warehouse, I didn't trust that. Custom pits says they had issues with people posting their pics, so be wary of scams. Long story short, after reading threads and getting feedback from my brethren, I went with the Lang 48", she should be arriving in about 3 more weeks!!! I did notice in the pics that they made mods to the stack, but i live to far to buy without seeing them first. Bottom line, it's your money, you make the call.

Greasy hill is beams custom smokers just rebranded I am always Leary of same people that have to Change their business name

Back