Show me your grommets

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am curious as to where everyone has their grommets placed for their pits. Mine is currently being built and while they have it I am thinking of having them add the grommet holes before its painted.

I'm thinking one to the right of each door for a total of two. I will be using a Stoker with a range or 4 or 5 probes on an R&O Smoker.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Gerry

Mine is set about an inch below the top grill. That way, I can go to the top and or bottom grate. I use the top more than the bottom but wanted to have the option. Of course I have a 18.5 WSM with 4' leads.

mszsxg.jpg

Thanks for the pics of the grommets. I am still very curious to see where there are placed on the larger offset stick burners like R&O, Jambo, Lang, etc.

G

I would have R&O add a 1/2" weld on nipple between the doors either 1/2" above grate level or 2" higher than the temp location. Personally if it were me at this stage I would add a stainless box under the shelf to hold the stoker with the 1/2" nipple slightly below the shelf. Then you could run all the probes easy through that center location while keeping it dry and out of the way. When not in use just use a pipe plug to close up.

I would have R&O add a 1/2" weld on nipple between the doors either 1/2" above grate level or 2" higher than the temp location. Personally if it were me at this stage I would add a stainless box under the shelf to hold the stoker with the 1/2" nipple slightly below the shelf. Then you could run all the probes easy through that center location while keeping it dry and out of the way. When not in use just use a pipe plug to close up.

That is a great idea! Think I might just do that!

Back