brisket for lunch

Burnt at Both Endz

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Going to be a nice night for a brisket cook, 25*. Started the FEC100 for a night of low and slow.
IMG-0043.jpg

Did a trim this afternoon(2pm) and injected it with some Butcher prime injection. Started the cooker at 7pm to warm up and got the brisket out.
IMG-0046.jpg

The brisket got a quick rub while the cooker is coming up to temp.

I'll update the cook as I go.....

Yes sir, off to a great start. Been a long time since I've seen one of your cooks, probably back in the Cookshack forum days. What rub ya using?

Yes sir, off to a great start. Been a long time since I've seen one of your cooks, probably back in the Cookshack forum days. What rub ya using?

Put a layer of Cookshack brisket rub, a layer of Smokin Guns Hot rub, a sprinkling of Obie Fajita rub, some fresh ground blended peppercorns.

Brisket went on at 8pm with the smoker set for 180* for 8hrs, hold set at 260*. I did put a couple chunks of smoke stick in there. One right beside the fire pot and another up on the heat shield. When I put the brisket in, I noticed the edge of the one by the firepot had started.

Thanks for asking!

Looks great. I use Butcher BBQ Prime injection too - its a little piece of Okie magic. That brisket will be good with or without injection - that's my bet.

Checked it after 2 hrs of foil time, I went ahead and pulled it. While there was a little resistance in the heart of it, the "majority" of it was probe tender.
IMG-0052-1.jpg

I let it rest opened for about 10-12 minutes before sealing it back up, towel around it, and into a cheap plastic cooler. Looks like it will be ready for lunch. As near as I can tell that was a 12.5 hr brisket! That reads 209*.

Back