Cambro Question

begolf25

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been searching Craigslist for a Cambro and I finally found what looks like a great deal. I am planning on picking them up today after work.

I was wondering if there is anything I should look for that would keep me from purchasing? I assume as long as the interior and exterior are in decent shape without any cracks or damage they should be fine? The person selling them said he doesn't have a way to send any pictures of them.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

I would take the pan you plan on using with you, to make sure they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

be prepared for a bad deal... I can't count the number of times folks I know have tried to buy Cambros from CL only to find a heap of junk when they get there... especially with no pictures. I would demand good quality pictures or wouldn't even bother making the drive.

be prepared for a bad deal... I can't count the number of times folks I know have tried to buy Cambros from CL only to find a heap of junk when they get there... especially with no pictures. I would demand good quality pictures or wouldn't even bother making the drive.

Hate to say it, but that has been my experience as well. Hope yours is different.

Luckily, it is on my way home so I don't have to go out of my way.

That's why I was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be looking for besides making sure the interior and exterior are in good shape? Also, as Fatback Joe said, check the gaskets and latches.

I have never owned one so I am not sure how these do when they age. I looked online and it looks like I can buy replacement gaskets and they aren't very expensive.

Luckily, it is on my way home so I don't have to go out of my way.

That's why I was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be looking for besides making sure the interior and exterior are in good shape? Also, as Fatback Joe said, check the gaskets and latches.

I have never owned one so I am not sure how these do when they age. I looked online and it looks like I can buy replacement gaskets and they aren't very expensive.

My money says it will be beat to piss, missing one or both latches and the door seal will be gone or tore up... I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but odds are in my favor...

Watch for warped doors as well. My experience with these on CL isnt good as well. Ended up picking one up at RD costed me $191 ouch !

As previous posters have stated: check the latches closely - the older wire ones are very susceptible to getting caught, bent, broken. Gasket can be replaced, but its a hassle getting one. Even if the door isn't warped, be sure to vent heat/steam using the little pressure valve at the bottom of the door.

A "standard" cambro is made to hold 3 4" "hotel" pans or 4 2.5" pans.

I rented some before I bought my Carlisles , and they were so warped almost had to take a hammer to get the pans in then they where only good for a couple of hrs.

Back