First UDS run -- pr0n obviously included

M

MeadAndMeat

Today was the first run of my big poppa smokers UDS. For both seasoning and experimentation reasons, I chose to start with bacon and a corned beef brisket.

640px-21s1.jpg

To discuss the bacon first, I went with the amazingribs.com curing recipe and it worked out really well. Good appearance and good flavor, we're going to fry some up from brunch tomorrow.

270px-21s2.jpg

640px-21s3.jpg

640px-21s4.jpg

The brisket was a pre-cured corned beef half brisket. I was lazy and didn't have the refrigerator space to cure it myself. It came out pretty well though, and had nice flavor.

270px-21s5.jpg

640px-21s6.jpg

Ok, that's all the pr0n you are getting from me this weekend. Enjoy!

I have a good imagination...but :roll:

See it now...very good. You'll love the BP

See it now...very good. You'll love the BP

I'm loving it so far, it held temperature for 12ish hours with no adjustments during the seasoning run.

Ribs are my specialty to this point (using the firebox smoking approach) so I think they'll be my next UDS run. After that, I'll have to ponder a bit -- either a brisket or some pulled pork or something. We'll see, I'll get a post up when the time comes.

I'm loving it so far, it held temperature for 12ish hours with no adjustments during the seasoning run.

Ribs are my specialty to this point (using the firebox smoking approach) so I think they'll be my next UDS run. After that, I'll have to ponder a bit -- either a brisket or some pulled pork or something. We'll see, I'll get a post up when the time comes.
It's not necessary but once in a while like if i'm doing a butt or brisket i put a pizza pan with 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch holes drilled on a rack that i set on the upper u bolts. It acts as a good diffuser but still allows drippings to go down to the coals which adds good flavor.

Back