MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #91
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
CD... Is this ^^^^^ the one I touched up (below), or did you do one too?

Nevermind... Now that I look at them both, I can see yours looks better...
You did a good job on the color balance. On mine, I enhanced the color saturation just on the bread, and sharpened the overall image.

You are on the right track.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #92
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

That looks Awesome KH BBQ! Great entry!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #93
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker101 View Post
Ok cd i see what you did it took me a little to see you made the color better. I like yours better.
Yeah, I occasionally fix photos for people. I could tell that you made a good burger, so I wanted to make it look more like what I think it tasted like.

BTW, be sure to look at the Photography Tips and Tricks thread in the Throwdown forum. A lot of good information is shared in there.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #94
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Here' my entry into the Sandwich Throwdown. I call it "DOH Fibrillator"
Smoked poilsh, bacon, burger, chedder and peeper jack cheese, on a buttah toasted bun with ketchup and Uncle Phil's Polish mustard. Some onion, pickles and hot sport peppers. Oh, is this good. Some before and the last pic is my entry............
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove

Last edited by Bluesman; 07-11-2022 at 02:31 AM..
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #95
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Default French Toast Spicey Cheeseburger

This is my official entry into the Sandwich throwdown.

My first thought was a chili dog, but with the temps hovering at 100º for the next couple of days, that didn't seem like such a good idea. I then started thinking about burgers, but I knew that a normal burger was not going to be anything special, so I though about how I could take it a little further.

Here are the pics. Enjoy. I know I did.

4 hand formed patties sitting on the counter for about 30 minutes

granulated garlic, lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper on both sides

fresh cut tomato and red onion. please add on any additional unicorn points available

home made bread and butter pickles

burgers off the grill, one with extra hot pepper jack cheese

sara lee honey wheat bread and a mixture of egg, milk and cinnamon sugar

french toast on the weber

building the sandwich

cut away shot of the sandwich

finished burger. use this one for my entry

all gone

I was surprised because I though I had a little too much milk in the egg mixture, but it was fine. It tasted great!

Thanks for looking.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #96
Happy Hapgood

Mighty Fine Entries Guys! ^^^^^
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #97
Happy Hapgood

Default Official TD Entry and such.

Bacon wrapped and stuffed Chicken breasts with jalapeno on Texas Toast:

A Friend went down South and brought these back from Charlie T's:

Rocking the neighborhood at 1 watt per channel. Giving the Mighty WSM a rest:

The flip:

There was a runt in the litter, pulled it eary and kept on Chooglin':

Hit the stuffing with the Therapen. Chick temp was around 168*F. :

Now for my specialty, TOAST! :

Chopped and plated with sides and a spare breast. Please use pic below for the TD:

Thanks for Lookin' !

Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #98
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Bacon wrapped and stuffed Chicken breasts with jalapeno on Texas Toast:

A Friend went down South and brought these back from Charlie T's:

Rocking the neighborhood at 1 watt per channel. Giving the Mighty WSM a rest:

The flip:

There was a runt in the litter, pulled it eary and kept on Chooglin':

Hit the stuffing with the Therapen. Chick temp was around 168*F. :

Now for my specialty, TOAST! :

Chopped and plated with sides and a spare breast. Please use pic below for the TD:

Thanks for Lookin' !
That looks awesome!
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #99
Elrik
On the road to being a farker

Default Official Entry for the Sandwich Throwdown.

Here is my official entry for the sandwich throwdown. Wasn't planning on entering but a camera was present while I was making a dish that could hit both this and the kebab throwdown so I had to go for it!

Full cook thread can be found here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...05#post2145805

Elrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #100
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Fantastic entries, brothers.

Pyrotech -- that is exactly the kind of sandwich I would want to eat at the track, looks delicious

KnucklHed -- done it again, where do I start? Homemade kraut for one, love it. Do you make sour cabbage heads for cabbage rolls, too? We used to buy them and now make them better than the store. Love the homemade bratwurst, loved the pulled pork, love farkin' all of it, beautiful pics of the sandwiches. Great performance!

Toast -- yeah, you do make beautiful toast! The grilled chicken in blankets is mouthwatering as is the whole sandwich with sides. Yes, I'm drooling again. I loved the fun touches of story with the 1 watt boom box and pulling out the runt of the litter.

Elrik -- I read the whole thread, what a great idea to bring us with you to the beach! Brilliant cook and the flavours look divine, both for the sandwich and that salad with strawberries no less. I'm hungry. Good looking entry.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #101
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Please accept this as my entry.

I'm not really expecting to garner many votes for this, based on what I've seen so far. But, the sammiches were made, the pics were taken, there's no shame in posting them! I got called in to work early today, so I didn't have time to plate everything and get really good pictures. In fact, my wife took the pics because I had to head out in a hurry. It's a shame, as my veggie really turned out to be the star of the show today. I also forgot to take action shots (I'm still getting used to posting pr0n, and don't always think it through). That being said, my cook went as follows:

7.5 lb butt. I fired up the WSM at about 6:30 this morning. I knew I was going to be under a time crunch due to work, so I cooked a bit hotter than I usually do (ran between 275-300; I usually run closer to 250), with the idea of pulling it off at about 4 pm. I rubbed with Three Little Pigs' Touch of Cherry, and used the Chris Lilly injection (minus half the salt). I used KB with cherry and pecan chunks. Everything was ready and my temps were dialed in by 7:30, so I tossed the butt on at that time. Went to church, came back and made some "semi homemade" coleslaw. I then took a buttercup squash, halved it and seeded it, dusted it with Yardbird just to try something different, then filled the cavities with dark brown sugar. I threw this on at about 1:30. Pulled the butt at 4:00 as planned; it wasn't quite probe tender, so I foiled it while it rested. At 5:00, I pulled the pork, sauced with Three Little Pigs' KC All Purpose, and plated it. Just used regular store-bought buns, as that's what we had. Unfortunately, the squash took longer than expected, so I wasn't able to plate it for the picture. Pics below are with and without coleslaw.

All in all, this was not my best cook, but it turned out OK. I love the cherry rub on spares, but wasn't crazy about it on the butt. I think I'll stick with my homemade rub from now on. I will say, the squash was incredible; the Yardbird really worked out well. I wish I had pics of THAT! Thanks for looking!

[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #102
BigBlock
is one Smokin' Farker

please accept my entry into the TD
I submit to you the Italian Stallion
hamburger-hot italian sausage-sweet italian sausage - bread crumbs - 2 eggs-r4ed bell pepper-spring onions - garlic- sugar- Italian seasonings -salt & pepper and the wife home made maranara sauce

Hope you enjoy as much as we did
BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #103
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Umm, WOW.

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #104
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

I'll take two of that! But from the size of it, it looks like I'll be taking one for the road...
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #105
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock View Post

Hope you enjoy as much as we did
Yikes, BB, just amazing!

You really knocked it out of the park on this one!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->