PLEASE READ!!! OBR Needs help in Florida!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Brethren! OBR IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF COOKERS AND PITFOLKS. The hurricanes in the Carolinas and now Florida have really stressed their resources. Boots on the ground is the biggest need. Cookers, pitmasters and volunteers. I know we have good size membership in the southeast. If you have time and resources please consider giving them a hand.

They are setup in Mexico City and Tallahassee. Need help!! Read on! Contact Marc Mangano for info. If you cant get to marc, send me a PM.

https://operationbbqrelief.org/volunteer/

https://m.facebook.com/marc.mangano.7…

Last edited:
This is a Facebook video, so not all will be able to see it, but OBR co-founder Will Cleaver and a group of volunteers were out in the neighborhoods providing meals where they are needed most. If you are not familiar with the work that OBR does, this is a good example.

Joining the BBQ Brethren has given me great joy and I cant imagine not helping out in a time of need. I can't make it to the Carolinas or Florida but money is on the way. My thoughts and prayers to those needing help.

Last edited:
Here's a note I just got from Marc... Seems they are in such need that folks are just going down there without official deployments. . If you can get there to help it would o

registering in the OBR app is the best and fastest way to get deployed. We never tell people to self deploy However, this is a historic deployment (our largest and lowest volunteer turnout) they are so desperate that they are giving out the addresses of both deployment sites and telling people to show up. Don’t wait to be deployed, just go. You can share this with everyone:

Our two deployment sites for Hurricane Michael are: Tally 1940 N. Monroe Tallahassee, FL 32303 Northwood Center Mall PCB 7100 US-98

Panama City Beach, FL 32407 At an old Kmart lot Check in with onsite volunteer coordinator

Least i can do is front page this

Ken, thanks for your work with OBR!

Safe travels mschwirian!

Back