MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #271
BobM
Babbling Farker

I bought one for myself for Christmas. When it came, I made sure it was all there then gave it to my wife to wrap up for me.

Merry Christmas!

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #272
Grant968
Knows what a fatty is.

Got my CyberQ working on WiFi. Could not use port 80 as required by
appdesigngeeks' iPhone app which I had downloaded at version 0.1.

Now that I am up on WiFi, I want the app
Grant968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #273
Grant968
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant968 View Post
Got my CyberQ working on WiFi. Could not use port 80 as required by
appdesigngeeks' iPhone app which I had downloaded at version 0.1.

Now that I am up on WiFi, I want the app
and the previously posted URL is no longer working - IOW, I am not able to update the iPhone app.
Grant968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #274
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Default BBQ Remote App

Hi Everyone,

We are no longer taking any more beta testers for the BBQ Remote because we have changed some stuff under the covers. Once this is available on the App Store we will try and notify everyone.

Thanks again for all of the feedback and interest in the app.

AppDesignGeeks
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #275
CWPrall
Found some matches.

Hi Everyone,

I know many of you, including myself, were having issues with connecting the CyberQ Wifi to our iPads and iPhones that were on iOS6 and in Ad-hoc mode. I know for me, I want it to work in Ad-Hoc mode because I won't have an Internet connection or setup a router at the competition site.

I found a solution to get around the connectivity error!
Once you connect to the CyberQ Wifi, go into the Wifi settings on the mobile device, select the the CyberQ, and go to the additional/advanced settings. Select 'Static', set it to a static IP, say IP Address 192.168.101.50 and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.10, reboot the iPad and/or iPhone and they were able to connect with no issue.

If you still can't connect, let me know and we can chat and see if we can figure it out.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #276
WooPig
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Ok y'all. I don't have near enough geek as the rest on here but I've managed to operate this guru for the past few months with your help. My problem now is the firmware update. The files from bbqguru are zipped files. Do I have to unzip before update? I'm completely confused. I've followed directions and the commands aren't working??? Anyone have screenshots or directions for idiots like me?
WooPig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #277
cooldude24
Found some matches.

Hey Everyone,
Here are some screenshots from the latest version of the bbq remote app from my iphone. I have been doing some beta testing for them and the new version is going to be available shortly

cooldude24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #278
WooPig

Nevermind, this idiot figured it out!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #279
djoseph74
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdoggie View Post
I'm not aware of anything currently available for Android or iPhone, but given the simplicity of the interface it probably wouldn't be too much work for any developers that have made a Stoker app to make it work with both the Stoker and the CyberQ.

I may work on an Android app myself, but I'd rather just pay someone else a few bucks if there is something out there already.
Check out The Pit Pal. There's a thread going on the front page right now for it as well. One of the brethren wrote it. It has a section for the cyberq.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #280
WooPig

Very cool. Just finished up with firmware update and getting the guru back up in infrastructure mode. I really like the encryption option with the firmware update. I was never too nervous of my BBQ getting hacked, but you never know. For those of you having issues with getting up on Infra, make sure your using your home ip address and not the ip of the guru. I made this "brain fart" a few times before realizing what I was doing.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #281
cooldude24
Found some matches.

Hey Everyone,

Here are some screenshots from the latest version off the bbq remote app from my iphone.I have been doing some beta testing for them and the new version is going to be available shortly

cooldude24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #282
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Looks awesome cooldude! Can't wait to try it!

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #283
Two and Que
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Has any one tried The Pit Pal for Android smart phones?
Two and Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #284
supercazzola
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude24 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Here are some screenshots from the latest version off the bbq remote app from my iphone.I have been doing some beta testing for them and the new version is going to be available shortly

Is it out yet?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #285
tedwinters
Found some matches.

I hope it's out soon! Missed the beta unfortunately :(
tedwinters is offline   Reply With Quote