Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Que For The Troops May 21-22, 2011, Levittown, PA

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Who's in? Que for the Troops

BBQ Brethren will be there:bow: .. Doing a 2-fers weekends.

Driving down Thursday night, and cooking Delaware - Fri-Sat with Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ and then driving up 95 to Levittown PA to do Que for the troops Sat-Sun.. :crazy:

Spoke to Tom from Smoking Dudes, whos our organizer and all excited as time gets closer..

The Contest is a Qualifer and fundraiser for the USO, so its a great cause..

who else is in,a nd if your not, stroke that check! and get an entry form in. :)

Mod edit: Added year to the title per the posting guidelines :p

We in! A back-to-back with Green Lane. Then a chili cook-off the following week-end. Yee Haw!

EZ, DisHWateR, and I will be there. looking forward to it. !st of the year..

are you bringing medals Phil?

any one kow the awards structure? not that it matters to a hack like me but what are the doing...I dont see it on the web site..I should be good if they give medals to 23rd!! (or 24th)

We are in, doing our first back to back with the Great Bethpage BBQ the weekend before.

It's an honor...

Who's in?

BBQ Brethren will be there:bow: .. Doing a 2-fers weekends.

Driving down Thursday night, and cooking Delaware - Fri-Sat with Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ and then driving up 95 to Levittown PA to do Que for the troops Sat-Sun.. :crazy:

Mod edit: Added year to the title per the posting guidelines :p

Excited to be your pit bitch!

It'll be nice to meet you all out there...I'm excited to do a brethren event...this will be my first!

I forgot bethpage is the week before.. that will make bethpage, then deleware, then Levittown.. in 8 days. Now THATS a warmup!

Phil, you hitting Tony lukes on the way up from dover ?:becky:

With this event being just around the corner and having just reread the Brethren rule book I have a few questions.

• Under beef - what exactly are long bone short ribs? Beef Plate ribs (IMPA#123)? Back ribs (IMPA#124)? or chuck ribs (IMPA#130)?
  • Small correction on brisket - the deckle and the point are not the same thing
  • Since beef ribs are a legal turn in, does this mean that beef ribs are not a legal entry for anything butt?
  • Are the turn in containers the "standard" 9x9?
  • Is this going to be a "no garnish", green garnish", "edible garnish" or "any garnish" event?
  • Will the standard turn in container and garnish rules apply to anything butt and dessert?
  • Is the anything butt & dessert open cooking method (any source) or only the rule listed sources?
  • What are the turn in times for anything butt & dessert on Saturday?
  • Who's the Brethren rep for this event?

With this event being just around the corner and having just reread the Brethren rule book I have a few questions.

• Under beef - what exactly are long bone short ribs? Beef Plate ribs (IMPA#123)? Back ribs (IMPA#124)? or chuck ribs (IMPA#130)?
  • Since beef ribs are a legal turn in, does this mean that beef ribs are not a legal entry for anything butt?
  • Is this going to be a "no garnish", green garnish", "edible garnish" or "any garnish" event?
  • Will the standard turn in container and garnish rules apply to anything butt and dessert?
  • Is the anything butt & dessert open cooking method (any source) or only the rule listed sources?
I emailed Tom and he said standard garnish.

I did ask about turn ins for the other catagories and have not gotten a response yet.

I would like to know how many judges per table so I can adjust my "samples" to meet the +1 criteria and the awards structure? paying to what place and what place does the "bling" go to?

I am really looking forward to this, wouldnt mind having more info.

I called linda yesterday to ask some of the same questions(garnish and beef). Heres what I got.
[FONT=&quot]
9x9 boxes
Green garnish
Beef ribs are plate ribs.
Cooking styles for anything butt and dessert is open.

Linda and jerry are the reps. I texted her this morning to stop by cause we have more questions. [/FONT]

I would like to know how many judges per table so I can adjust my "samples" to meet the +1 criteria and the awards structure? paying to what place and what place does the "bling" go to?

I am really looking forward to this, wouldnt mind having more info.

Yeah, a mass email with details wouldn't be a bad thing. The Brethren rules / rights seem to have a lot of flexibility built in which then necessitates a stronger communication path by the organizer.

I will be at my nephews wedding the night before in N. Jersey. Can not get ready for it that fast. Do you want help Sat into Sun

Back