Traeger PTG LE - worth a look?

Hedgeley

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I subscribed to the emails for this company when I was thinking about pelletizing and before I realized the offers are only available in the USA (I live in Canada, but winter in Florida). This thing is on sale for one day starting tonight at midnight. If you have time, look at the link. I might be able to have it shipped to a friend in the US. Do you think it might do a decent job? Looks curious. Says free carrying case and $100 off. I guess the LE (Limited Edition) also includes a "preinstalled digital thermostat up grade. Cooking area is 15" x 12" (169 Sq In)
Waddya think? worth it for small cooks (4 people or less)? Says it weighs 40 lb. Jee, my Napoleon only weighs 50. Must be built like a tank.

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/g...=0_b7628ee6f7-190b2587e4-7106205#.Uczyi_mTi0c

If you are looking for a small pellet grill, buy the Traeger Junior with the factory installed thermostat model BBQ155 (new model). It's not much more and it's a larger and just as portable cooker if you add the tailgater kit.

Looked at the regular PTG at Sports Academy and it is very small looking-height wise. Don't think it would hold a regular butt. I had thought it might work in the Winnie while traveling. Didn't buy it.

Its listed as 15" x 12". That's tiny. You might could fit one rack of ribs cut in half on it or maybe a very small butt. Get a smokey joe or a WGA for 1/10th the price. One of my friends keeps asking me about this thing since I have Traegers, and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would spend that kind of money on a grill that small. I also agree with Nocurnhusker that if you want a portable Traeger, go with Junior. If you can find a costco roadshow near you, it will probably be the same price or cheaper than the PTG.

Back