Alabama White Sauce

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I made some of this for yesterday's catering event. How long can I keep the extra, it's been refrigerated the entire time?

Thanks.

5-7 days in my opinion to be safe, not really any high risk ingredients unless you used mayo from scratch.

Totally agree Iron Cook!
Nothing I personally have kept it for 30+ days but that is me cooking and risking my own goose. I gave him the serve safe answer for sauces when in doubt throw it out!

Mayo, cider vinegar, spices, lemon juice......I made a batch last week....that I'll keep in the fridge and use it for another 2-3 weeks with confidence.

As long as the original batch didn't come in contact with the meat, ie: you didn't dip the brush back into the sauce, It should last a month with all that acid, as long as it's refrigerated.

Last edited:
Hi Ï followed the link and could not find the receipt for the white sauce. I'm have been looking for one. Could you pass on the receipt to me via a post or an email.

We keep the Sauce for a Month, mind you we do not have kids in the house.
Which means our fridge is not opened every 5 minutes:thumb:

Hi Ï followed the link and could not find the receipt for the white sauce. I'm have been looking for one. Could you pass on the receipt to me via a post or an email.
This is where we got our recipe from.
We use White Slap Ya Mama as the pepper base
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232913

Back