Finished my USD Project

jerrykr

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Finished my UDS Project

I finally got all the little stuff done on the UDS and consider it finished.

I have done one burn in it to season it and bake on the high temp paint.

I took it up to around 550F and then back down to around 250F. Airflow control is good.

103201012.jpg

103201014.jpg

103201017.jpg

103201025.jpg

The Complete Build is blogged here:

http://uglydrumsmoker.blogspot.com/

Pork Spare Ribs are in my future this week-end!

-=- Jerry -=-

Last edited:
Quite the rig you have there. Congrats on the build. Now get it dirty.

nice build

looks like you may have to keep an eye on the lid leakage - build a fire in that bad boy and get it working

Thanks,

I'm planning on doing a couple of racks of pork spares this week-end to see how it performs.

I may be wrong, but I think the leakage around the rim of the lid won't be a problem. I can shut the center vent all the way off if I have to. it seemed to work well when I seasoned it.

I guess I'll see for sure this week-end.

-=- Jerry -=-

Nice looking drum. Looking forward to some pron off thing that.

Nice Job on the Drum!!

That's a Slick DrumPit you have built yourself...OutStanding!!!!

That doesn't suck!!......Nice job.....Love the lid hinge!.....Yea, as the others said..."Dirty is good!!"

Nice..Very nice build. Now get that sucker dirty and enjoy it:icon_bigsmil

Nice build and nice write up on the blog. You should repost it here to make it easier for others building their first UDS to find.

That is one nice UDS. Nice writeup on the blog. You have set the standard high on that one. Now lets see something cooking on that thing!:-D

Great construction, thanks for the link!

Nice looking UDS! Your lid - is that from the $30ish kettle at Walmart? I haven't found a used 22" weber yet and don't want to buy one at $80+ just for the lid... Does the lid sit down reasonable well on the drum?

Nice looking drum and a great build blog as well. Welcome aboard.

I am always amazed at the ingiuity of the folks who build UDS's. Imagine a bunch of Scion owners becoming UDS-Heads. The mind boggles.

Thank you all for the very nice comments.

I worked as much on the blog as I did on the drum. I just hope it helps the next guy get some ideas for their own UDS. Myself, I'm always open to new ways to do things.

I'll add some Smoking sessions as I get a chance to cook.

Best,

-=- Jerry -=-

Back