• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meat for Bentonville, AK

Pickin' Porkers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Where are the decent meat suppliers or butcher shops following I-40 from North Carolina or in/around Bentonville, AK to load up for the Sams Club finals?????

Typically brisket is purchased online but I hear the higher quality brisket is cheaper in the Midwest so I wanted to stock up for future contest.....aging if you will on brisket. The chicken I use is available out that way.....Ribs I will bring which are fresh and never frozen....and Pork... that's the $64,000 question

AK is the abbreviation for Alaska.
AZ is the abbreviation for Arizona.
AR is the abbreviation for Arkansas.

Arkansas was a state long before the other two.

Sorry, but pet peeve of mine.

Last year the local Sams stocked up on some competition quality meat including prime briskets. I already had our meat, but I remember saying that I would have been happy buying our stuff there.

They also delivered garnish to the comp after we said we had trouble finding it. They took good care of everybody.

Yeah last year the local Sams there had a good selection of meats. They will have a lot out on the shelf we finally found a guy in the meat department with enough walking around since to bring out more cases till we saw what we liked. If you drink beer don't wait till you get there to buy it. It's not sold in stores.

If you drink beer don't wait till you get there to buy it. It's not sold in stores.

15 mins north or south of bentonville you can pick up all you want, just fyi

also, lou's meat market has fresh spares and butts. they also usually have a case or three i can sort through to get the ones i want. they are located right off I-40 in pottsville, ar. Also, as many have said sams will be stocked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sams in Bentonville last year had some wagyu briskets. But they were really thin. Also there were some butts with HUGE money muscles that dumba$$ me didn't buy.:mad2:

Pickin', it is actually a dry county for now. If you're traveling north on I-540 you will pass through Washington county (Fayetteville and Springdale) which is very wet and you can stock up. If you're coming from Missouri, there are a couple of big liquor stores right on the border. Macadoodles is the best one to shop at on the Missouri side. Hopefully this is the last year Benton County is the "wettest" dry county in Arkansas.

The beer store we went to had a great selection even had PBR pints. It's just a pain to have to drive to get after you set up 15 minutes to and fro 15+ min in the store is 45min+\- is a lot of time spent getting beer

Back