MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

Default Bad Bob's Oceanside, NY is OPEN

I just happen to be passing by while doing some errands and saw an "OPEN" sign in the window. Pulled the car over and went in to find out today 9/1/07 is the official openning. After a few moments of friendly banter I asked Vinny, one of the owners to feed me, and feed me he did. I had dry BB with a dry finishing rub and wet BB with there wet glaze. Both types were succulent and had a little pull to them. He was making a batch of smoked chicken wings but they were about 1 hour away from being done so they will wait for another visit.
Bad Bob will be here starting 9/2 and will stay until 9/5. Stop by and say hello, these are good people.
Weber OTG Walnut handle from Marty Leach
KCBS #20486,FBA certified Master judge,IMBAS (MOINK BALL) Certified

Like what you do. Do what you like.

Last edited by Porky; 09-01-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

Mrs. Porky, my son and I are headed to Big Bob's in Oceanside tonight to do a taste test on menu and I will report back 9/5 with a restaurant review.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

We went to Bad Bob's for dinner last Tuesday evening. Before ordering Vinny and Bad Bob came over to say hello and it was a nice touch they brought out some fresh fried potatoe chips with seasoning and a small rib appetizer and onion petals(fried). We had decided that we would all get the 3 meat platter with 2 sides because this allowed us to try most everything. We ordered brisket-moist and full of flavor, wet BB ribs that were excellent, BBQ chicken that we all liked alot, smoked bologna that is known as Tennessee Filet. We did not have the pulled pork this time-maybe next time. The sides were vinegar based cole slaw- very tasty,potatoe salad- ok and baked beans pretty good. My son decided he would try some pecan pie with chocolate syrup-very rich. The meal was the best Nassau County has to offer.

Let me know if any of you guys are headed this way and I will try to join you there.