• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***Vote - BBQ Brethren 2013 Throwdown Grand Master!- VOTE***

Vote for the BBQ Brethren 2013 Throwdown Grand Master!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren ” 2013 Throwdown Grand Master Finale!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday, March 3.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name or picture for more pics/info on the entries.

Bluesman

Toast

fingerlickin'

These are all 3 great entries and there is good justification to vote for all three. I want to eat them all!

I was inspired to go buy some chicken breast, hammer the crap outta it,roll some stuffing in it, add some bacon, and grill.

That is the tie breaker for me - It inspired me to make it!

Great job to you all.

The carnage after this will only be rivaled by Gettysburg. ......WE are Toast and Blues....Done.....:tsk:

The carnage after this will only be rivaled by Gettysburg. ......WE are Toast and Blues....Done.....:tsk:

Don't give up Brother (although I've not had a beating this bad since Mary Sue's Dad caught us in the backseat of his car) ! :boxing: Voting does not end until Monday morning. Of course we could inquire about a "Mercy Rule" in this TD. :becky: Let it ride! :thumb:

Ya know this was done in the "Chopped" style, even though it was a pic of kitchen stadium.
So even though Toast did use the best syrup there is............:heh:

I'm gonna have to go with Fingerlickn' since by the "chopped style" he repurposed the items in the baskets and was the most creative in doing that.

A BIG congrats to all 3 of you for getting here, and you really are all deserving of the win, but there can only be one

Bluesman got my vote because I am moron who doesn't understand how the throwdowns work. Sorry everyone for sharing why I voted the way I did, it was not appreciated by others.

Thanks everyone for setting me straight. Next time I will ask everyone who I should vote for and why before I vote.

Last edited:
Bluesman got my vote because he made a complete meal using the ingredients in true chopped fashion

While the rules of this throwdown didn't say it had to be a main course - you don't get entrees and desserts being served at the same time in chopped(so that ruled out fingerlickin even though it looked tasty)

and the chicken just seemed like an add on to use the maple syrup in toasts dish

Everyone is free to use their own criteria for voting, but the goal was not to duplicate the show, but rather to give these guys a challenge by specifying ingredients in the style of Chopped. Yes, the show is three separate rounds, but here we have one "round" so having multiple components in the entry shot is perfectly fine.

Let's all remember, folks...this is for fun, bragging rights, and some generous BONUS gifts from our Brethren vendors.

Nothing more, nothing less...well, if you read ALL the TD threads, it could be less....WAY LESS! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back