MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #31
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bears BBQ View Post
The red is soooooo cool ...... now I'm thinking I might paint my black kettle red now ................
That's cheating you know...

It may be sacrilegious actually.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #32
Big Bears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Well I didn't think of it that way ........
Big Bears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
Daddy-O
On the road to being a farker

Default Redhead $25!

http://flint.craigslist.org/for/3028764946.html

Here's one near Flint, MI.
Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #34
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Well, she started out as a redhead, but the original owner lost the lid somewhere and replaced with a black lid... so I call her Ladybug... off CL for $20 last year.Sanded down, repainted the bowl and frame, replaced all the frame nuts/bolts, and polished up with Bar Keeper's Friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finished performer.jpg (85.9 KB, 341 views)
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
cheeaa
Full Fledged Farker

I'm here to put and end to this obviously racist thread.

Last edited by cheeaa; 07-05-2012 at 09:10 AM..
cheeaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
Meat Meets Meat
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
Well, she started out as a redhead, but the original owner lost the lid somewhere and replaced with a black lid... so I call her Ladybug... off CL for $20 last year.Sanded down, repainted the bowl and frame, replaced all the frame nuts/bolts, and polished up with Bar Keeper's Friend.
What kind of red paint did you use for the bowl? I used some high temp paint on the bowl of one of my kettles but it burned right off. I think it was only good up to 600 degrees or so. The very high temp paint (like 1200 degrees) seems like its not glossy. Ladybug looks great, would love to know what you used.
XL BGE, Two L BGEs, 22.5 SS Performer Blue, 22.5 Weber Kettles (Grey, Green, Brown, Red, Two Tone Red) 22.5 WSM, Three 18.5 WSMs, Mini WSM, Rib-o-lator, Green Thermapen, Stoker with wifi
Meat Meets Meat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #37
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Meets Meat View Post
What kind of red paint did you use for the bowl? I used some high temp paint on the bowl of one of my kettles but it burned right off. I think it was only good up to 600 degrees or so. The very high temp paint (like 1200 degrees) seems like its not glossy. Ladybug looks great, would love to know what you used.

We might have used the same one. I used DupliColor Engine Red ( I think). It also peeled off on the side where I usually bank my coals. I applied several coats, interspersed with layers of VHT (which is rated to 1200F I think, but not glossy. There was another red by Krylon which was a bbq high heat paint but I could not source it in Houston or on the internet for a decent price.

And I think its time we ran that blue kettle out of this thread, on the grounds that the poster doesn't know that r-e-d does not spell blue
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #38
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just added a couple more freebies to the "project pile"! A Redhead 1000 and a rare 25+ year old Genesis Jr!

Got a call last week on my VM from a guy that tracked me down from a "BBQ Blog" online asking if I was interested in hauling off the Jr? Hauling off his junk grill I thought, but was surprised to find a well cared for and decent little 2 burner Redhead! This is the second Jr to pass my way.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #39
mbshop
Babbling Farker

my redhead

Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #40
enasnidx
Full Fledged Farker

Great revival of a good 'ole red head thread! Here's my new gem I picked up last week. It's a 70's Bar-B-Q Kettle in great condition. Some polishing and new stain on the handle and she'll look like new.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

I totally spaced this thread when i started my other one So to make up for that i will now post picture from my CL score, picked her up for 40 bucks in good shape just needs some love so here she is

Her close up

Old 06-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #42
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Blue's must stand & fight

'92 Master Touch......... Updated/Changed a bit

Last edited by Fishawn; 06-22-2012 at 12:19 AM..
Fishawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #43
mbshop
Babbling Farker

start yer own blue appreciation thread. stop mucking up/hijacking the redhead site !

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #44
farklf
is one Smokin' Farker

lol!
farklf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #45
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

I was going to do a full weber family portrait today, but it's too hot

here's the redheads!

From left to right: