falafelzza

Zippylip

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For yesterday's Super Bowl festivities there were many of the usual suspects on the menu but this particular pie, served as an appetizer, was an experiment to determine the future of the humble fried falafel ball as a viable pizza topping.

It turned out great & I love the stuff as is and it's now locked as a great alternative topping for my non-meat eating friends that visit.

Fry a batch of falafel:

Cut them in half & add to the top of a standard deep dish pie, I also added caramelized onions:

25 minutes on the LBGE at 425 & it’s done:

It was tasty:

happy in the hut

Very creative. Might be tasty as a white pizza topping, with a tahini or tzatziki base instead of tomato sauce. Add some salty farmers cheese, kalamata olives, pickled red onions and you basically have a falafel wrap pizza

I've not tasted falafel but yours definitely looks delicious! Beautiful pizza!!

Very creative. Might be tasty as a white pizza topping, with a tahini or tzatziki base instead of tomato sauce. Add some salty farmers cheese, kalamata olives, pickled red onions and you basically have a falafel wrap pizza

I think the tzatziki would break and get nasty after cooking though, but sounds like a good idea for a dipping sauce afterwards...

Back