Pickled cherry peppers

samfsu

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Not BBQ but its gonna be a rough month waiting for these to cure.
myny4a6e.jpg

Send some to me!! I love cherry peppers!:thumb:

Yours look good!

Those look great! Are they really hot, or just hot enough?

Oh Yeah! And once you eat the peppers, you can use the leftover juice to make a finishing sauce for pp:eusa_clap

I Farking love those things. Care to share your method?
Thanks and sure:
Use really fresh peppers. Not sure how much I should have weighed them but when I cut them in half and deseeded them, it was enough to fill the three pint mason jars.

I then heated the following until the sugar and salt was disolved:
--4 cups white wine vinegar
--1 1/3 cup water
--1/2 cup sugar
--1.5 teaspoon kosher salt

Next pour the hot liquid into the jars leaving 1/4 inch headroom.

Then can them for 15 minutes. They will last for years but likely wont "last" that long. I do let them "marinate" for at least a month.

Those look great! Are they really hot, or just hot enough?

The last time I made them I didnt take out the seeds and they were really hot. I am hoping that without the seeds, they will be just hot enough. This is only the second time I am making these so I will likely need to tweak it a little. If I can find more cherry peppers I might make a match with twice the sugar :). Next up will be sweet and spicy pickles which I might just make with the cherry peppers. Need to experiment.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the questions. Hope I answered ya ok.

Lookin purdy there!:clap:, loves a pickled cherry pepper over here!!

The Momofuku book by David Chang has a very simple vinegar pickes master recipe:
1 cup water, piping hot from tap
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
6 tablespoons sugar
2+ 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
Vegetables, fruit, chilies etc
For chilies pour marinade over 4 cups of Thai bird's-eye or other small fresh hot chilies. Leave for 3 or 4 days minimum. Keep for an age. I grow my own chilies we call them scuds - very hot.
John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 70
Those look great. I love pickling my homegrown peppers, ect. I have a jar of pickled beets in the fridge that I'm going to have to go open after looking at your pron!

Back