MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default We are moving and expanding our servers.!!!

Folks, in the very near future(a few weeks most likely) We will be moving our home to some new bigger and badder server hardware and a new provider.

We will be adding an additional server to our environment and splitting the workload between the existing servers and the new one. This will eliminate the server busy messages some folks have been seeing, and we will be able to put back all the things we disabled(like the gallery at the bottom of the page) that we disabled to try to offload some server loads. We will also be eliminating the delay between searches and some other restrictions.

We are looking at a few weeks down the road when we can alot a chunk of time to do the work. The only thing that may delay things is hard drive availability(seems theres a work stoppage in Taiwan).

We will however be down for a day while we transfer the forums,
and it may be as long as 24 hours before DNS replicates completely, so some folks may experience extended outage.

This is a big move, indicative of our growth and will give us a VERY significant performance boost. This is our advertisers and subscribing members $$ at work, without which this move would not be possible. Your financial support is greatly appreciated.

I will keep you all posted as things progress, and will have a backup playground for everyone to use while we do the migration.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
"Sparky", 2Fat, Al Czervik, Alexa RnQ, AMoore, aquablue22, arlieque, Ashmont, AustinKnight, B-Lazy BBQ, Babyboomerboy, Bacon_99, bam, Bama Q, Bartstop, BasicPatrick, BBQ Bandit, Bbq Bubba, BBQ PD, bbq ron, bbqbull, bbqchicken, BBQ_Mayor, beerguy, Big A, big brother smoke, Big George's BBQ, bigabyte, bigdogphin, biggs98, bigsapper, Bikini BBQ, BLACKSMOKE-LS7, bluetang, boogiesnap, Brauma, brewerjamie15, Brewmaster, Brian in Maine, Bubba User, burningwood69, Butcher BBQ, butt head, Captain P.J., carlyle, CBQ, chambersuac, Chef Jim, chicagokp, ChicagoSizzlin, chobint, CircleW, Cloudsmoker, Cokyjara, colonel00, Corky, Crazy Harry, criffaaa1, Dale in GA, Dallas Dan, Dan - 3eyzbbq, dbeast420, deguerre, dgassaway, Divemaster, Dragonfly, Drew, Duck, Dustaway, ernie11, EX~DY, FamilyManBBQ, Fat Freddy, Fatback Joe, FattyMac, fil, Fishhook, fivelombardis, fr8erfxr, frognot, garyk1398, gatorzeye, gtr, halfasian, Hankdad1, Harbormaster, HarleyEarl, hav, HB-BBQ, HeSmellsLikeSmoke, HoDeDo, Homebrewed Q, Hugo, iampaulb, Igotgas, infantry66, INmitch, jacob, JCHjr55, jgbmgb, jmcrig, JMSetzler, jocosa, Kathy's Smokin', Ken V, KnucklHed BBQ, kpdiver, lcbateman3, leanza, Leeper, LMAJ, MadCityJim, meatinc, Michael_Plant_City, Midnight Smoke, Mike - CSBBBQ, MikeR, Mo-Dave, Moose, Mr. Bo, MTHank, Murray in N.Z., n2dabluebbq, N8man, Neil, NeoTrout, NewEnglandQ, NorthwestBBQ, nthole, Old Smoke, ON THE FARM, OutlawSwine, PapaSteve, PatAttack, PCDoctor_1979, peppasawce, Phesant, Phrasty, Phubar, pigmaker23, pomah25, Prairie Smoke, QansasjayhawQ, qman, R2Egg2Q, Redhot, retired trucker, Rich Parker, Rookie'48, Ross in Ventura, Rub, Rylos1, Sammy_Shuford, silverfinger, sincitydisciple01, SirPorkaLot, SloppyQ, slowerlowerbbq, Smiter Q, Smoker101, smokeyy, Smokin' Aces, SmokinAussie, smokingj, sohappe, speedrcer1, Spydermike72, SteevieG, Steve W, stin187, sullysQ, texman02, that's hot, thirdeye, thirtydaZe, ThomEmery, timzcardz, tish, tmehlhorn, TnDrew, toadhunter911, Trucky1008, twinsfan, txschutte, Uncle Bucks BBQ, vhram, vraczka, Wampus, watertowerbbq, Westexbbq, wnkt, Woody, WvSmoke, Xiadix, xjcrazy, Youngin'

Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Awesome news Phil! Just renewed my membership this week too! It's an honor to be a part of the growth Brother! Looking forward to the new back yard!

Cheers
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
BigBobBQ
Babbling Farker

That is great news I am glad you are able to expand and keep up with all of us new members! I hope you have a smooth transition to the new servers.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Farking AWESOME!!!

Glad my latest $100 Bucks did the trick!

Well farking worth it and I hope more members subscribe to make this forum the best of them all... well it is already but still....

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Awesome news Phil!!.......and a "Back Up Playground" too!!......

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

There IS a Santa Claus!

Last edited by timzcardz; 11-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: typo
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Thanks Phil for all you're doing. Did I read though that the website will be down for a whole day? Do you have any suggestions of what we can do during that time? I'd hate to have to go out and physically talk to anybody.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Great news Phil, perhaps we should establish some sort of "Faux" site to help take away that 24 shut down withdraw or maybe a 24 hour project for the brethren to preform while the sites is being upgraded.

Thanks for all you do!
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post

We will however be down for a day while we transfer the forums,
and it may be as long as 24 hours before DNS replicates completely, so some folks may experience extended outage.
NO BRETHREN FOR A WHOLE DAY!!!!!

Great news, Boss! Thanks for all that you and Badger do for us!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Thatt is great news. Good luck.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Thanks Phil for all you're doing. Did I read though that the website will be down for a whole day? Do you have any suggestions of what we can do during that time? I'd hate to have to go out and physically talk to anybody.

We could all do a 24hr marathon cook and then as soon as the site is back up try to overload and crash it with new pron!
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
He said there is goona be a playground for us during that time. I'll push ya on the Merry-Go-Round Gore.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #13
Mat
On the road to being a farker

dont forget the floods in Thailand. thats the main cause of the shortage
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for all of your hard work in providing us with this playground...

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
Midnight Smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

We could do a Throwdown, Category; What I Q'd When The Server's Went Down, 24 Hours of Shear Withdrawal"

Good news Phil, thanks for all your hard work! Also thanks to all the others behind the scenes!

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote