MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #301
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Incredible! Absolutely incredible. That is some beautiful work or should I say a work of art. You are gonna build some great memories to boot I'm sure.

I could go on and on, but it's all been said........WOW!

KC

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #302
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
That sounds about right. We're getting married this fall at a winery that is just putting in an oven. They got the oven for free from a friend, but it still sounded like an expensive gift.

But for a guy who wants wood-fired pizza at his wedding, it works out nice
That is a nice gift

Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #303
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3rrt View Post
Incredible! Absolutely incredible. That is some beautiful work or should I say a work of art. You are gonna build some great memories to boot I'm sure.

I could go on and on, but it's all been said........WOW!

KC
Thanks KC, i sure hope so.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #304
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

Hey V-Wiz, how will the smoker/grill work that is on the right? Is that an offset, as in using that cast iron door as the firebox? If you have time pls explain how it will work. Thanks
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #305
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe1 View Post
Hey V-Wiz, how will the smoker/grill work that is on the right? Is that an offset, as in using that cast iron door as the firebox? If you have time pls explain how it will work. Thanks

Hey, its not a smoker, but a bbq pit, for grilling, but it definitely can be used to smoke, the fire and smoke will be in the same box/pit. I will eventually build a lid for it so i can smoke in it too. I wanted to build a full on smoker when i started but i changed my mind.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #306
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

KICK AZZ!!!!

Really turned out fantastic. Looks awesome.

Congrats!
I hope to see some substantial pron come from that!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #307
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

Ahh got ya, if the fire is X inches away like in an UDS you will be able to smoke in that thing no prob... Will you be able to reach the coals from that CI door?

And one more thing.. the sink. Will you be running water and sewer? I would love to have an outdoor sink but the idea of running sewer seems like a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Hey, its not a smoker, but a bbq pit, for grilling, but it definitely can be used to smoke, the fire and smoke will be in the same box/pit. I will eventually build a lid for it so i can smoke in it too. I wanted to build a full on smoker when i started but i changed my mind.
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #308
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
That is a nice gift
I should have said that they got the dome free from a friend. All the winery had to do was build the rest.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #309
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
KICK AZZ!!!!

Really turned out fantastic. Looks awesome.

Congrats!
I hope to see some substantial pron come from that!

I look forward to posting those pron's

Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #310
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe1 View Post
Ahh got ya, if the fire is X inches away like in an UDS you will be able to smoke in that thing no prob... Will you be able to reach the coals from that CI door?

And one more thing.. the sink. Will you be running water and sewer? I would love to have an outdoor sink but the idea of running sewer seems like a deal breaker.

Exactly.. Yes i can reach the coals from the door VIA chimney shovel, coal rake and tongs.

Yes i will be running water and sewer line. It just matters how far away a sewer line is and if you can connect to a close by clean out line. If you don't have access to a clean out line or a connection to the sewer line then just let the water run free.. Im serious, my parents have a outdoor BBQ area with a sink and its right across they're fruit trees, since its all the way out back the backyard there is no way of connecting it to the sewer line. So my father just lets the sink drain line water the trees, they only use it to wash hands, no soap really. So the tree's get watered, its been like that for years. Every situation is different.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #311
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Goose bumps over here, that is beyond fine!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #312
halfprice
On the road to being a farker

I've been following your build from the beginning and all I call say is WOW. It looks fantastic.

I'm waiting for the So Cal pizza party at your place.

Jerry

Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #313
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I've been following your build from the beginning and all I call say is WOW. It looks fantastic.

I'm waiting for the So Cal pizza party at your place.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry. I just may think about doing one...

Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #314
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

We built the insulated door to the oven. Using steel sheets, 4" of CF insulation and gate handles. No bolts, all welded on. I still have to clean the steel and paint the outside (only) with high heat paint. I plan on using a gasket of some sort but im not sure what, as im skeptical about ceramic fiber stove ropes, the fibers are very loose and the package clearly states to not go near food. I was thinking of using gas oven door gasket ropes, anyone know what the temp rating is on that?

Anyways here are the photos.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #315
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks from: --->