MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:12 AM   #3151
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks for the update, Jeremy.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!!

The BBQ BRETHREN always has your six!!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #3152
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looking forward to knowing when I can come down and get some of that great Jeremy brisket!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #3153
jacobp
Knows what a fatty is.

Prized Pig was definitely not an ideal location for most, but was pretty convenient for me and we usually stopped in once a week, or picked up a few pounds of meat on the weekends.
Was pumped when he was going to head up Fat Cap, but I dislike their owners so much I couldn't make myself go. Glad you found a home with the OneFourteen folks, they seem like good people. Got in there last week for your rib night and they did not disappoint. Will hit you guys up at Barehands Brewery tonight for sure.
jacobp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #3154
riverratdave
Got Wood.

Thanks for the update, Jeremy, but thanks even more for sharing your pickle recipe.

I have been making pickles using that recipe for everyone and they all love it. Proper credit is given to the Chef.
riverratdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #3155
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobp View Post
Prized Pig was definitely not an ideal location for most, but was pretty convenient for me and we usually stopped in once a week, or picked up a few pounds of meat on the weekends.
Was pumped when he was going to head up Fat Cap, but I dislike their owners so much I couldn't make myself go. Glad you found a home with the OneFourteen folks, they seem like good people. Got in there last week for your rib night and they did not disappoint. Will hit you guys up at Barehands Brewery tonight for sure.
Awesome. See you down there. I just fired up the smoker and am getting the ribs on in about a half hour. Beer and bbq. Doesn’t get much better.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #3156
RC0032
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBBQJew View Post
“Success is going from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

~Trump
You sure?
RC0032 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #3157
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

"Trump" isn't in the original post...
22" Weber Kettle black, 18" Weber Kettle black,Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Weber Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, The Big Easy, Anova Immersion Cooker, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotisserie, Infrared temp gun, Maverick ET-732, ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mats
EricD is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #3158
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

Don't want to see any of it in this thread though either
22" Weber Kettle black, 18" Weber Kettle black,Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Weber Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, The Big Easy, Anova Immersion Cooker, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotisserie, Infrared temp gun, Maverick ET-732, ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mats
EricD is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #3159
FashionBiff
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Well there you have it all summed up. Sounds like a huge DONT DO IT that our parents warned us of. Then we do it anyway. OK whos next?

Old 10-02-2018, 06:44 AM   #3160
GLOCKer
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD View Post
Don't want to see any of it in this thread though either
He was quoting a business man in a thread about a business...
GLOCKer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2018, 06:46 AM   #3161
GLOCKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionBiff View Post
Well there you have it all summed up. Sounds like a huge DONT DO IT that our parents warned us of. Then we do it anyway. OK whos next?
A lot of my friends have tried to encourage me to start my own restaurant or food truck. I do not have the entrepreneur spirit to put it all on the line to try to make it work! The margins on food are slim and the work is long!!!!!

My hat is off to the OP for making what sounds like a SUCCESSFUL go at it. As a business, it sounds like some stuff went wrong in a perfect storm. But it sounds like the people loved the food and you were good at it! I wish you much success moving forward!

Old 10-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #3162
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
He was quoting a business man in a thread about a business...
I'm guessing the quote isn't the problem - the false attribution is. It gets attributed to Winston Churchill as well (as do many things), but apparantly he didn't say it either. Basically a quote in the thread was faked to falsely attribute a quote. Not sure why anybody would do that.

Anyway - fark all that nonsense - marbuzo - thanks for keeping us posted! I hope to check out yer cooking one day. All the best to you - you've certainly busted yer butt and perservered, and it is inspiring to see. I have learned that I'd rather eat delicious homemade pickles and read about somebody else running a restaurant instead of doing it myself!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"We have it totally under control"
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #3163
GLOCKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I'm guessing the quote isn't the problem - the false attribution is. It gets attributed to Winston Churchill as well (as do many things), but apparantly he didn't say it either. Basically a quote in the thread was faked to falsely attribute a quote. Not sure why anybody would do that.
I had never heard the quote myself until reading it here. But thank you for the reply as it got me to Googling and that gets one to learning!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #3164
FashionBiff
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
A lot of my friends have tried to encourage me to start my own restaurant or food truck. I do not have the entrepreneur spirit to put it all on the line to try to make it work! The margins on food are slim and the work is long!!!!!

My hat is off to the OP for making what sounds like a SUCCESSFUL go at it. As a business, it sounds like some stuff went wrong in a perfect storm. But it sounds like the people loved the food and you were good at it! I wish you much success moving forward!
I agree and disagree, the cost of a spouse is hard to quantify both financially and emotionally. Your correct sounds like he had things nailed pretty well, but business can always be fickle.
And I too lack the intestinal fortitude to start a business so I appreciated the story.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #3165
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
You sure?
"Marubozo's pickle recipe is the best, Im sure"

-Abraham Lincoln
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote