MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #3031
Thingfish
is One Chatty Farker

With the closed lips from all involved, I smell lawyers. But ... I feel it's none of my business when all is said and done.
Thermoworks Smoke, Red "Backlit" Thermopen, Red ChefAlarm, Red Thermopop
Thingfish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->

Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #3032
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I agree Thing...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #3033
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

I wonder if closing on Valentine's day is significant.

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #3034
camp10
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtwoq View Post
He doesn't OWE us anything. I hope just like the rest of us to find out what happened, but he doesn't owe us that. I too hope that everything is ok for Jeremy and family!
Well said.
camp10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #3035
Gary J

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Get off the high horse.

We're all here gawking at the train wreck at this point
Wow responded this this guy's abusive post within forum rules as did others and days later all those posts are gone as well as my thread subscription!
Gary J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #3036
TedW
is Blowin Smoke!

Oh well... what you wrote was crude and juvenile. So there's that. Very glad it was scrubbed.
TedW is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-04-2017, 06:43 AM   #3037
Gary J

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedW View Post
Oh well... what you wrote was crude and juvenile. So there's that. Very glad it was scrubbed.
and another one! What a fun, friendly website. Now I remember why the BBQ blogs with friendly people are much preferred.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #3038
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
and another one! What a fun, friendly website. Now I remember why the BBQ blogs with friendly people are much preferred.
"and another one!"

Try not to act such the victim.

The Brethren site is incredibly friendly with a lot of fun jabbing at one another at times, and the occasional knock-down-drag-out disagreement which just affirms the passion a lot of folks feel for the topic we discuss.

Grow some thicker skin and stick around, and I'm confident you will come to understand what I am trying to convey.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #3039
TedW
is Blowin Smoke!

Right-

Threads: 227,369, Posts: 3,633,180, Members: 78,645

Stats like that tell you this is the BBQ mecca
TedW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #3040
Gary J

Not what I'm seeing but may give it another try on occasion. Meanwhile I found another blog (Grillinfools) just yesterday I get much more out of. Later.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #3041
Sparty
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
He put this out there for all to see. If Jeremy wants the irresponsible speculation to stop he will finish his story. If not we will continue to guess. Don't want to be talked about don't put yourself out there.

Right or wrong i feel he owes us some closure here. We all took the ride and what a ride it was. We followed the ups and downs like a roller coaster not knowing a piece of track was missing around the bend.
Maybe there is a legal issue and he can't speak of it until the issue is resolved, if even then. Will just have to see what happens!
Sparty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #3042
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Not what I'm seeing but may give it another try on occasion. Meanwhile I found another blog (Grillinfools) just yesterday I get much more out of. Later.
That wouldn't happen to be your blog, would it??

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #3043
bwram1
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedW View Post
I found it to be juvenile and downright offensive as well. Was happy to see that it was removed.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #3044
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

1 - this is qtalk. An ONTOPIC FORUM. So, at the least, the posts removed were offtopic banter and were immediate candidates for scrubbing. But besides that.....

2 - the scrubbed posts were an uncalled for pissing contest all due to a typo or spelling error. So once the typo was corrected, the follow-up posts were no longer relevant or made sense, so we're scrubbed, which btw, included my posts.. also, evidently if a post is removed which had a thread subscription tied to it, the subscription gets cancelled too. We cant cancel thread subscriptions so it probably went with the scrubbed post.

And finally, mods decisions are final.. it's not worth questioning why a thread is scrubbed of offtopic banter especially when it's part of a pissing contest.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #3045
Mikeinctown
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoke View Post
A former Prized Pig pitmaster has opened his own food truck business:

http://www.leaderpub.com/2017/02/24/...bq-food-truck/

Neither the article nor the interview with the pitmaster reveals a thing about the restaurant's closure, like the issue was intentionally ignored.
Maybe I'm not up on all the technical terms but I've never heard of pork burnt ends.

One thing is good at least, that Jeremy appears to at least be somewhat OK as he or his wife were able to give permission to the former employee to sell their recipes and apparently operate out of their smoker and food truck. (Even if it wasn't outright sold.)
Mikeinctown is offline   Reply With Quote