fatty failure

A

a55bag

I really hate trying to cook anything on a gasser. My uds is at a friends house from last weekend and I was too lazy to go get it. So I decided since I was going to be heading up to the nor cal bash I would try and do a fatty for the wife and mother in law on the gasser before I left. I realized two things. The wife can weave one hell of a basket of bacon, and I really really hate cooking with gas. The pictures display the carnage... It WAS some italian sausage peperoni salami and motz but it turned into this charred wreckage I cant even describe.

fattyfailure1.jpg

fattyfailure2.jpg

Stand it up on one end and slice the crust off. I'd hit it anyway! That's my favorite fatty, stuffed Italian sausage.

Yep, peel the bacon weave off and salvage what you can

I feel your pain brother!! All you can do is shake it off and dive right back in...

I'd still hit it. Scrape of the burnt stuff and go from there. How are you cooking em on the gasser?

Next time try cooking on a low setting with a bit of foil underneath it.

You do realize you can fire up a chimney of coal and use it in a gasser. Just foil over the injectors.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I used my old gasser like that for several years. I had two square transmission pans that I used for charcoal pans.

scrape off the outer ring of charcoal, dice it up in a frying pan with some oil and onions and put it in some scrambled eggs with more cheese....

Was doing a fatty on my egg the other day and everything was going great..then I was getting ready to remove the fatty and turned to grab my pan when all of a sudden flash....fire started and the bacon did get a little burned..But the rest was still good!!

the only thing that was salvageable was the peperoni and salomi the sausage had turned to rock. I am going to get my drum back and try it again.

Back