MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 01-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #16
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ric

Also a thought if anyone has a large property why not use it?
aerotech11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 01-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #17
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

^^^I was thinking about that as well. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with land.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #18
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think my wife mentioned in your other thread that we may be interested if the timing is right. We are not big planners so i will just follow along as this develops. Great idea by the way.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:48 AM   #19
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Interested
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #20
FrkYrPrk
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotech11 View Post
Also a thought if anyone has a large property why not use it?
Fresh out of acreage, as well... I do know a full timer in the Pinetop area, let me see if he can help.

FWIW, it seems that the rim country shuts down campgrounds sometime after Labor Day - maybe we need to do this in late September?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

I'm fine with late September.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Old 01-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #22
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Ok, here is the direction I'm leaning.

https://cedarcovervpark.com

I have been checking out their website and reading reviews. It is located in Elephant Butte, NM. It's near the lake but not on the lake. They have RV's to rent or hotels are not too far away. There is a lot of space. A few drawbacks, no trees, so not much shade. Also, if it gets windy there will be a lot of sand flying. But that is par for the course with wind in the southwest. It is a 45 minute drive to Hatch, NM for all of the green chile fanatics like myself. If you want to go fishing, it's a 5 minute drive to the lake.

I'm going to go check it out in person in a few weeks and get more details about the place. I would prefer the mountains in southern AZ. So if you know that area and think you have a great spot in mind please bring it to the table.

We need to keep in mind the fall can have some nasty weather in the mountains. My .02.

Any and all ideas welcome. I'm hoping we can make it as convenient as possible for everyone to attend.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:08 PM   #23
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Bump
Old 03-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #24
AZRaptor
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Howdy,

On a lark I happened to check the gatherings forum and saw this. I’d be up for something in the fall. We’ve got 40 acres (80 with my parents 40 acres just south of us) in St John’s, AZ, but unfortunately it’s completely undeveloped at the moment and not the easiest to get vehicles into. I’m going to keep an eye open on this thread to see if things solidify as time goes on.
"[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3394956&postcount=48"]Eleanor[/URL]" my [URL="http://www.ShirleyFabrication.com"]Shirley Fabrication[/URL] 24x50 RF Straight Back Cabinet Smoker
[URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/"]Blaz’n Grill Works[/URL] [URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/the-grid-iron/"]Grid Iron[/URL] Pellet smoker
AZRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:07 AM   #25
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s....php?p=3937192

Another thread about a SW bash. I'm in. Fall sounds good.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #26
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

I'm interested in this!

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #27
ShadowDriver

Name/Nickname : Marc

Bump - Makin' sure this stays on the radar.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #28
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Shadow. I've been looking at a few places. Mainly Bluewater Lake near Grants, NM. currently the fire restrictions make it real hard to find a location.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #29
ShadowDriver

Name/Nickname : Marc

Yeah, the fire restrictions are my main concern. I seem to recall them relaxing (if still in effect) toward Sept, so I think that was a wise choice for an initial WAG on the date.

Thanks for still looking for spots. Seems like there's some good interest out there.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #30
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer View Post
Where do you guys think a good location would be? Are the other bashes a camping deal or just a day event?

Think Woodstock. The more folks that can get there need to travel, may need to camp, RV hookup, Hotel etc. The location is important. The Magic only happens for one day unless someone makes a 2 day bash possible.
Comes in handy when planning. Looks like AZRaptor has it going on!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Last edited by Happy Hapgood; 06-01-2018 at 11:57 PM..
Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote