• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First cook on the new Blackstone...

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Dodged the rainstorms and managed a couple of T-bones, some shrimp, and some peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

All in all, not a bad first flight. Shrimp were a tad overdone, but not heinous... The steaks were actually pretty good for Wally Market steaks.
998128efa56e0ce81a95fb3276845b97.jpg
bb3c92209ad0abd7b7bcceb28e2e8cd4.jpg
44ea4fae58aac79be33a5f85bc9a3e50.jpg
3a274dc00b6e5607363fe0b126c76c7a.jpg
24c9345784dd71afc7052c0ca8bcbc2a.jpg
e1272e80973d32c92b2dbba3cd9cb5c5.jpg

Think I’m gonna enjoy this little toy. Won’t replace the kettle or smoker, but I do like the ability to do several things at once, on one appliance.

Thanks for looking.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fun, aren’t they?

Be careful sitting that beer next to the griddle. Gets pretty hot right there, and you wouldn't want it getting warm, before you drink it. Oh, and the squeeze bottles too.

Be careful sitting that beer next to the griddle. Gets pretty hot right there, and you wouldn't want it getting warm, before you drink it. Oh, and the squeeze bottles too.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll move the squeeze bottle, but beers rarely have time to get warm...[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji482]

Looks great!

Always liked the cooktops in Japanese steakhouses and thought it would be cool to have one at home. Blackstone and other brands have made that possible.

Congrats and nice cook! Been cooking on griddles for almost 5 years now and still enjoy every minute of it :)

Anyone have a source for the 22” stainless top? Can’t seem to find it online.

“Ain’t it cool!!!!” John Travolta

Absolutely LOVE my Blue Rhino Griddle. Eat a lot more tacos than I used to cause no kitchen splatter when cooked outside......last night had a piece of left over steak so outside I go to do some sunny side up eggs........love love love it!!!!

Looking good!
Haven't done steaks on mine yet, but need to give it a shot. Hungry Husey on the utubes has a steak vid. He had an interesting technique that I may try.
Mine mostly sees breakfast, burgers and stir fry.
I need to branch out!

BTW, Looks like a great job with the seasoning of the griddle! Nice and dark!

Well done. I need myself a nice thick large piece of cast iron to use on my firepit. Can't be too big otherwise I don't be able to lift it, but sure would make griddling a lot of fun.

Looking good!
Haven't done steaks on mine yet, but need to give it a shot. Hungry Husey on the utubes has a steak vid. He had an interesting technique that I may try.
Mine mostly sees breakfast, burgers and stir fry.
I need to branch out!

BTW, Looks like a great job with the seasoning of the griddle! Nice and dark!

Thanks... I’ve seen Hungry Hussey’s steak video. He has a bunch of good videos.

Need to figure out a way to get an even sear on the steaks... cast iron sandwich press maybe. Definitely different than the grill. Jury is still out on steaks. Steaks are primarily gonna be done on the performer anyway.

Still exploring options with this thing.

VR,
Harold

Your gonna love the flatop. Enjoy.

Lookin' good, man. You're absolutely going to love cooking breakfast on the flat top!

Hashed browns for the win!

Back