Let's See Your Thanksgiving Eats - Join the "Thanksgiving 2018 Brethren Style" Throwdown! Enter to Win Prizes from Naturrific! Lasts Till Nov. 26!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Let's See Your Thanksgiving Eats - Join the "Thanksgiving 2018 Brethren Style" Throwdown! Enter to Win Prizes from Naturrific! Lasts Till Nov. 26!

***NOTE: This thread is an announcement. Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!***

Our new Throwdown category is...

"Thanksgiving 2018: Brethren Style!"

11146551633_f18af41fbf_b.jpg

This was DerHusker's Entry in the 2013 Thanksgiving Throwdown.

As chosen by Stingerhook for winning the "Shoulder" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Stingerhook said:
Moose,
First of all thanks for running these throwdowns. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, let's do a Thanksgiving Throwdown! Let's see what the Brethren cook up this year!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/9 through Monday 11/26

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 11/26.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!

Also, if you have not entered a Throwdown before,

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

[/FONT]

Our official prize sponsor for Q4 is Naturrific who is awarding Throwdown winners a $25 Store credit with FREE shipping for your choice of gourmet seasoning salts and brines - click here for details!

Salt_icon_enhanced2_zps3jx8iyak.png

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
[/FONT]

I have a question.

Or three.

Okay, I went and read the rules, which is not easy as the link posted then contains other links you need to follow to try and understand. I'm not sure I have all the facts, so....

What is this throwdown? Is it the Thanksgiving table spread, is it the various foods on a plate, is it turkey and the trimmings?

I'm slightly confused and I see a number of Dilly Bars posted saying "you didn't follow the rules".

What exactly is the throwdown?

Example, I have been prepping for 2 days, with 3 days to go. Do I need to take pictures of the raw meat, then on the grill, then plated (I've seen some of those throwdowns).

And does it need to be turkey? I am over half Filipino now and turkey is not native to their celebration. I've been cutting pork for 2 days.

Just curious, as I've come as close to entering a throwdown as possible, but I need a little direction.

Thank you,

I have a question.

Or three.

Okay, I went and read the rules, which is not easy as the link posted then contains other links you need to follow to try and understand. I'm not sure I have all the facts, so....

What is this throwdown? Is it the Thanksgiving table spread, is it the various foods on a plate, is it turkey and the trimmings?

I'm slightly confused and I see a number of Dilly Bars posted saying "you didn't follow the rules".

What exactly is the throwdown?

Example, I have been prepping for 2 days, with 3 days to go. Do I need to take pictures of the raw meat, then on the grill, then plated (I've seen some of those throwdowns).

And does it need to be turkey? I am over half Filipino now and turkey is not native to their celebration. I've been cutting pork for 2 days.

Just curious, as I've come as close to entering a throwdown as possible, but I need a little direction.

Thank you,

I’m with bill! Need some answers please.

Ok, let me clarify a few things.

1. If you read the category description of this throwdown, it's pretty open as long as the general throwdown rules are followed. So, your entry photo could be an entire Thanksgiving spread, it could be a picture of meat cooking on a smoker, it's really up to you, and no, it does not have to be turkey as that was not specified in the category description. Here's a vote thread from a 2015 Thanksgiving throwdown that shows a diverse range of entries, not all of which include turkey:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221260

The past few years, many of us entering the throwdowns just show their entry photo with a link to the full cook thread in Qtalk, but sometimes folks post the entire cook thread in the Throwdown entry thread along with their entry photo. Either way is fine.

2. Only the Master's Cut throwdowns require 3 distinct entry photos. This Thanksgiving throwdown is not a master's cut throwdown so only one entry photo is required, though you are welocme to post your entire cook thread in the throwdown entry thread if you wish.

Both of your posts have me thinking I need to simplify and condense Bigabyte's throwdown rules and hopefully make them easier to understand for anyone reading them.

That said, I hope you both will enter!

Back