THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
I can only find one Recipe for beef ribs, Its from BBQ USA. Indirect for 2-2.5hrs. I've had them on the BFDS clone and it's been cruising at @275* for about 5 hrs. now, ribs have been on for @90min now so I'm getting close to pull time. Any advice?

Ribs

Swampbro 2 hrs for beef ribs I don't think so, I'll smoke my beef for more than 8hrs thats a tough cut of beef and 2hrs aint gonna cut it falling off the bone great 8 to 10 hrs and about 250 up to 300 very good and most of my family and friends like the beef better than the pork:shock: you won't need a knife for the beef ribs guarnanteed:-D

agree if they got alot of meat on em .. they will definitly take more than 2 hours. the ones i did indirect over xmas werent done and that was at atleast 4-5 hours on the pit. runnin a pretty hot fire. i cooked another 2-3 hours in the oven. and they were fallin off the bone then. so i would say bout 6-8 hours.

Well the ribs were an afterthought, I thought it would be a good day to fire up the drum smoker that I built, so I decided to do Dr.BBQ's Shortcut Brisket. Once I got it settled in my wife called and asked if I needed anything from the grocery, so I asked her to pick some up (.99 lb.) I had done them on the GOSM once before but could not find my log. The brisket recipe calls for indirect at 275* so I thought what the hell the drums cruising at 250-275* So I find the recipe from Blue Smoke in NYC in the BBQ USA book-salt & pepper, indirect for 2-2.5 hrs. They shrunk up on the bone and were a nice dark brown (not as nice as Thirdeyes). I didn't remove the membrane but they came out fine, as did the brisket. Almost 8 hour and the drums still steady 275, outside temp 25F.

Back