my shot at rendevous style dry ribs...pron

bigbevo76

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I have never been there to sample the originals but this is how I did my "dry" ribs

d036564b-6996-d785.jpg

d036564b-69a6-0d2e.jpg

d036564b-69b2-7a3d.jpg

d036564b-69c2-341e.jpg

d036564b-69ce-243e.jpg

How about some written details on how you did them?

These are the ones I had there a little over a month ago. They spray them with a vinegar spritz then dump on the dry rub. I did not really care for them.
They were undercooked and very tough.
NUTZ

Last edited:
Your ribs look awesome. Way more juicy than the ones served at rendezvous. Locals do not eat there, its simply a restaurant for tourist.

I second BBQ Grail, I would like a little detail on what you did. I am interested in the concept. NUTZ, you are just picky, I was just told by a friend that they were the best ribs she has ever eaten.

Your ribs look awesome. Way more juicy than the ones served at rendezvous. Locals do not eat there, its simply a restaurant for tourist.
This local will testify to that.

I second BBQ Grail, I would like a little detail on what you did. I am interested in the concept. NUTZ, you are just picky, I was just told by a friend that they were the best ribs she has ever eaten.
Nutz was NOT being picky.

And bigbevo! yours look way better than Vergo's ribs.

Sure...sorry I didnt leave many details last night.

I made the rub out of Steve Raichlen's RIB book, its his take on Rendezvous ribs.

Its mostly parprika, only one tbls of salt and no sugar of any kind. I guess this almost makes them "healthy" :shock:. I just washed the ribs, patted them dry, took the silver skind off and put 'em on the void side of the old smokey. No rub or marinating beforehand.

I had a full chimney of Kingsford Competition charcoal on one side of the grill. It was about 350-400 on the voided side of the smokey.

After 30 mins I basted with a mix of 1cup water, 1cup white vinegar and 2 tbls of the rub. I repeated the basting at an hour.

After an hour on I moved them over above the coals and basted again every 5-10 minutes for about another half hour.

Took 'em off, let them rest about 5 minutes. Cut 'em up put them in a bowl and put the rub all over them. Tossed them in the bowl and served.

Wife can't get enough of these and they are by far the easiest of any ribs I have ever cooked.

Does this mean that I am no longer your friend?

NUTZ

Does this mean that I am no longer your friend?

NUTZ
Are you now a she? Cause if you are, then I would have to say no. I am just noting that there seems to be a dichotomy between those of us who view BBQ as a reasonable lifestyle choice and those who think it is just whats for dinner.

Actually, I am inclined to trust your opinion over hers. Unless you are now a woman, in which case I would have to question your judgment pretty much completely.

LOL...gimme those baby back-baby back-baby back ribs! They have sold a hell of a lot more than I ever will. Has your friend tried a McRib? Her opinion of that would put this in perspective!!!

NUTZ

Back