• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

**SPECIAL**: Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
**SPECIAL**: Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Our new Special TD category is...

[FONT=&quot]"Special Rules Chimney Steak Clusterfark"

[/FONT]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING
chimney-grill-3.jpg

Yum!

1. You must cook a steak (beef steak only, please)
2. You must use lump charcoal as your fuel source
3. You must use a chimney starter as your grill, with a cooking grate on top as your cooking surface.
4. Your entry photo must have a slice of your steak on a fork.

Viking outfit optional.

Please Note:

• This is a totally open category as long as you follow the 4 rules above, and all of the other Throwdown rules..

• Standard Throwdown rules apply (didn't I just say that?).

• Multiple entries are both allowed, and encouraged. :thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/4 through Sunday 4/27/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/28/14.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I allowed to use my Stok which has a built in chimney?

Am I allowed to use my Stok which has a built in chimney?
I talked this over with Ron and Moose. None of us are all too familiar with that unit, but we did look them up online to get details about it.

It looks like the charcoal still goes on top of a charcoal grate above what they call the "chimney", and that this chimney is an alternative way to light the charcoal in the grill. In that case, the coals would still be outside of the chimney and be operating in a grill, so we do not think that is the same as cooking with lit coals inside of a chimney with the steak cooking on a grate that is placed directly on top of the chimney.

Please feel free to further clarify how your STOK could be used to meet the requirements though, if you feel we are mistaken in our assessment.

Dang good lookin steak Shaggy :thumb:

and way to pay attention to the special farkin rules

Seriously? You call this a clusterfark?

Gore and I could do a better clusterfark in our farking sleep. Does it really take an astro-farking Neil Degrasse Tyson wannabe and an art major, AKA waste of tuition money, to create a serious clusterfark? There are people here that work for the gubment. They should be well qualified for clusterfark duty -- especially that gubment contractor who makes bombs. He has at least seven hours out of eight to come up with ways to toss a wrench into the works, and he makes chit that explodes.

It ain't a real clusterfark unless someone leaves the forum, or gets banned.

Make me proud, throwdown brethren -- deeply offend somebody.

CD :becky:

Seriously? You call this a clusterfark?

Gore and I could do a better clusterfark in our farking sleep. Does it really take an astro-farking Neil Degrasse Tyson wannabe and an art major, AKA waste of tuition money, to create a serious clusterfark? There are people here that work for the gubment. They should be well qualified for clusterfark duty -- especially that gubment contractor who makes bombs. He has at least seven hours out of eight to come up with ways to toss a wrench into the works, and he makes chit that explodes.

It ain't a real clusterfark unless someone leaves the forum, or gets banned.

Make me proud, throwdown brethren -- deeply offend somebody.

CD :becky:

We love you too Man. :becky:

Please accept this as my official Clusterfarked Chimney Steak.

I started with a nice chimney load of lump as per the special clustery rules mandate.

I had leroy on duty watching out for flying ash, wouldn't want to burn down the vineyards.

Selected a nice Beef Steak again another special Clusterfark rule,

Fired up the Chimney

Let it settle down a bit

And threw the Beef Cake on!

Things got really hot in a hurry

Almost done once the IT was 120 I pulled it off and rested it in a foil blanket.

Made some scallops in EVOO and butter with garlic

Unwrapped my Beef Cake

and then plated up the mess

My polling pic please.

Thanks for looking! :eusa_clap

Last edited:
Beautiful steak, Jed!

Per the special rules your entry photo must include a fork shot, so I assume that the fork shot in your post is your entry picture.

These dang special rules.

I know you like ice cream Jed, and them dilly bars are good, but best fix this one while ya can :laugh:

These dang special rules.

I know you like ice cream Jed, and them dilly bars are good, but best fix this one while ya can :laugh:

There's no DQ or anything to fix. I'm just verifying that the fork shot is the one Jef wants to use since it the only one that qualifies per the special rules.

Back