Does adding liquid smoke justify the name of a recipe?

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=007026ba-061a-462f-a8b5-0989ca9ffd78

Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Last Update: 9/04 6:57 pm
Print Story | Email Story
11N.gif
12S.gif
14N.gif
16N.gif

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Prepared by Toni Jorgensen, Rib City Grill
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 small 2lb-4lb pork butt "bone in", or pork collar, or roast bone in or no bone[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 bottle Liquid Smoke[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 blend of Vegetable blend spices (Season Salt,Celery Salt,Pepper, Salt, Montreal BBQ Spices,Garlic powder mixed together)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 bottle Rib City Sweet BBQ sauce[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Spread all spices on Pork Roast or Butt forming almost a crust, or thick layer.
T
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ear off 2 big pieces of foil to cover roast.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pour 1/2 bottle liquid smoke into foil with roast. Wrap the 1st sheet then wrap it again with the 2nd sheet so the juices cannot escape when cooking.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place in a shallow pan or cooking tray. S[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]low cook on convection bake or regular oven at 375 for 4 hours and then 275 for 4 more hours.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unwrap and pull bone (if any). Take a fork and make sure that the meat separates easily. L[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eave cooking juice and put in bowl and pull with forks or gloved hands. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Add BBQ sauce.
Use 4oz servings for a sandwich.
[/FONT]

Rib City Grill
American Fork
648 East State Road
Suite H
American Fork, UT 84003
(801) 492-1744
Mon -Thur 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri & Sat 11:00 am –10:00 pm
Sun 12:00 noon – 7:00 pm
Sandy
2071 East 9400 South
Sandy,Utah 84070
(801) 947-1744
Mon -Thur 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri & Sat 11:00 am –10:00 pm
Sun 12:00 noon – 7:00 pm

The only smokin goin on is Sled bringing this up! Put the pipe down and slowly walk away!

Jeff

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/174740/17/

interesting...2 say the least...

Toni Jorgensen, one of the owners of the restaurant, which recently opened in American Fork, said many times their customers arrive because they have smelled the aroma of the meat being smoked while they are visiting neighboring businesses.
The restaurant is located between Roberts Crafts and Big Lots.
"Almost all of our food is made in-house," Jorgensen said. "We smoke the meat all day, and it is made fresh every day."
They serve smoked beef, pork, turkey and chicken.
"It is just southern style barbecue," she said.

is this the same guy who was on rachel rays show ? guy should be dissowned. someone close go by and publicly call him on it.

"We smoke the meat all day, and it is made fresh every day."
"It is just southern style barbecue," she said.

I was going to say some thing like "South where, (name a northern town here), but I can't think of a place that doesn't have a Brother or two around there who would be insulted. I guess that I'll just throw up in my mouth & not say anything :rolleyes:.

had to join up to make a comment. Used bbqman as the user name. Told them they were nuts, more or less.

Back