Best Wireless Thermometers anybody

H

hydramax

Any one use these things and which ones are the best in you opinion.Trying to avoid buying junk.Would think one with alarms being best.What do you think.Thanks for suggestions ahead of time.

I have a Maverick Redi Check # ET-901. Had for about 2 years and done 40+ smokes with it. Still on origional batteries. It beeps twice and a female voice says "your food is almost ready" 10 degrees before temp setpoint. At setpoint says "your food is ready". No problems with it. I always turn the probe in the meat so juices will not run down the braided cable into the probe. Only down side is since I Lazy Q with an electric smoker, I wakes me up with the "almost ready warning" on long smokes. I get about 30' distances thru 4 walls with no problems. As an after thought, another downside is receiver does not alarm if it loses contact with the transmitter. I would like to hear details from others on their units. :p

I use the cheapo maverick ET7's. About $35 on Amazon, and they get the job done. Dual probe, remote up to 100'.

Back