Question of etiquette amongst the Brethren

K

Keri C

The Brethren have already been so kind adopting me into their fold, even if I am technically a "sistern" - I'd like to abide by all rules, written and unwritten.

Certain boards and forums frown on the mention of any other online board or forum. For example, if I had a killer cornbread recipe over on the XXXXX bbq board, I would not be allowed to post a link and refer anybody over to the site.

Before I overstep any boundaries, does that rule hold true here? Or can I post a link here to a thread in another board such as TVWB? (Specifically wondering about a link to a special offer that a TVWB member arranged for Nu-Temp sets via a particular link contained in a thread there.)

Thanks much - Keri C

Once Brethern or in your case "Sistern", you are required to sever all relationships in other BBQ forums.:wink:

Here are the rules:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14685

Excerpt specific to your question:
· Do not post links to other forums like ours(BBQ forums/chats) for the sake of promotion or for information that can easily be found within our forum(this excludes the links section). References within the forum to obvious forums of authority are allowed when referring to specific questions/requirements. (i.e. Virtual Weber Bullet, FoodTV, etc. ). We reserve the right to remove gratuitous references to competing forums.

OK - that's what I needed. I modified the related post about which I was concerned. Thanks for the guidance!

kc

Post a link if the story or recipe is too long to copy and paste.

Certain boards and forums frown on the mention of any other online board or forum.
Keri, shortly after joining this board I mentioned another forum.
Later that week, 4 unidentified masked men (smelling strongly of hickory smoke and paprika) broke into my house and beat me repeatedly with panty hose filled with Kingsford briquettes.

I'm not sayin it will happen to you, but...

I KID! I KID!

Hmmm... well, as you may be aware, m'dear, I have a 500,000 BTU Minionator-Ultra model propane torch and I'm not afraid to use it. :cool:

Neither their Kingsford NOR their pantyhose stand a chance. :wink:

We may need to have you fitted for concrete pantyhose.

if this is the hog-apple baked beans recipe keri c, then i would like to thank you! :biggrin:

Hmmm... well, as you may be aware, m'dear, I have a 500,000 BTU Minionator-Ultra model propane torch and I'm not afraid to use it. :cool:

Neither their Kingsford NOR their pantyhose stand a chance. :wink:

Something tells me we need to be careful around this'n, boys. She's MEAN. And has some good toys! :biggrin:

Ah shoot, Arlin - I'm not mean a bit a'tall, I'm not! A little feisty upon occasion, maybe. Sometimes perhaps a bit competitive in certain circumstances. Maybe even somewhat imperious and domineering during turn-in times (if you listen to DH Robert's opinion, anyway).

But not MEAN. Less'n you go and do somethin' silly like trying to snag a slice of brisket out of the turn-in box I'm building or throw a styrofoam cup in my firebox - THEN you'll see mean. :evil:

No, Arlin, I'm basically just a sweet, shy, delicate, unassuming little Okie-girl. (Shohn, if you'll keep quiet and don't let on that you know otherwise, there's an extra pot of gumbo in it for ya! :biggrin: )

Keri C

Ah shoot, Arlin - I'm not mean a bit a'tall, I'm not! A little feisty upon occasion, maybe. Sometimes perhaps a bit competitive in certain circumstances. Maybe even somewhat imperious and domineering during turn-in times (if you listen to DH Robert's opinion, anyway).

But not MEAN. Less'n you go and do somethin' silly like trying to snag a slice of brisket out of the turn-in box I'm building or throw a styrofoam cup in my firebox - THEN you'll see mean. :evil:

No, Arlin, I'm basically just a sweet, shy, delicate, unassuming little Okie-girl. (Shohn, if you'll keep quiet and don't let on that you know otherwise, there's an extra pot of gumbo in it for ya! :biggrin: )

Keri C
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Even though having lived in Texas, Oklahoma and now Long Island gives me abolutely no experience or perspective in which to post or add anything here, but I have a real strong hunch our new friend Keri is gonna be a lot of fun and contribute quite a bit to our little piece of the ol' cyberspace.
:cool:

Later that week, 4 unidentified masked men (smelling strongly of hickory smoke and paprika) broke into my house and beat me repeatedly with panty hose filled with Kingsford briquettes

too funny harbormaster!!!!

Keri C

She's a delicate flower, brothers. A sweeter little picture of generosity and kindness you couldn't hope to meet.

(And let me tell you, she makes a MEAN gumbo- and a promise of more would convince me to say just about anything about anyone! :wink:)

Later that week, 4 unidentified masked men (smelling strongly of hickory smoke and paprika) broke into my house and beat me repeatedly with panty hose filled with Kingsford briquettes.

I KID! I KID!

I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!

I KID! I KID!

Hey! You asked me to wear the mask! And you promised not to tell! :biggrin:

Back