My best rib cook yet!

Oink Oink

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Set up the Kettle with Stubb's and cherry wood as a snake, a little foil over the bottom grate, and a drip pan with water (I had stopped using water but I read that it makes the smoke 'stick' to the meat so I decided to give it another try). Smoked it at 250 to 275 until it passed the bend test. No foil on the meat... Didn't have time to get prep pics just the finished product.

100_3592.jpg

Very moist, tender, and pulled clean off the bone.

100_3597.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 100_3592.jpg
    100_3592.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_3597.jpg
    100_3597.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 326
Thanks I have finely leaned to be patient and not worry about overcooking spare ribs. I use to pull them too soon thinking that I would end up with something dry and stringy. They were pretty good in the past but I let these go longer and they came out awesome!

I have learned a lot from you landarc as well as the other veterans on this site what a fantastic resource the brethren are! I need to at least buy a subscription this place is way worth it!

The sauce is some Apple City BBQ sauce (the hotter version) that I had left over from my dad visiting.

I wasn't really paying attention to time but I am thinking it was about 6 hours. Those temps I mentioned above are probably not very accurate because all I have is a bimetallic thermometer for the dome temps. I really should get some better equipment one of these days!

Thanks! I used a homemade rub that I have been playing with. I'm no pro but its pretty good. I keep several commercial rubs around too. I enjoy a variety.

Back