• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st Catering Gig On 4th Of July

Mexi "Q" Tioner

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was asked to cater a 30th birthday party on the 4th. On the menu was brisket, 2 pork butts, 6 racks of ribs & bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese & pineapples.

Pic of all the meats, getting ready for prep time.

Prepping the butts and brisket the night before. Injected the butts w/apple juice rub/brown sugar combo

Butts lathered in mustard and the rubs that I used

13 lb brisket injected with root beer/worchesire mix, rubbed down with a few rubs that my dad brought me from Tejas.

Both butts and brisket wrapped, set in the fridge overnight.

6 racks of spares trimmed st .louis style, wrapped and in the fridge. I wont rub down til right before they hit the smoker.

More pics to come...

The set up

Brisket on the bottom grate and 2 butts on top grate

6 racks of ribs, 3 on top 3 on bottom. Rubbed down with SM cherry & SM spicy apple rubs.

WSM's doing work

Ribs hit w/sauce, almost ready to come off

Pork pulled and added some SM sweet seduction rub as a finisher

Blurred shot of brisket getting sliced

Sliced for some sandwiches

Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed w/cream cheese & pineapples.

Cool pics my sister in law made with her iphone

Thanks for looking and hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

When cooking on a WSM, how do you guys sauce or flip the bottom rack? what do you do with the top one, and what kind of mess does it make and how long to get back up to temp while taking the smoker apart? I am thinking about getting one....

nice job!!!!!

When cooking on a WSM, how do you guys sauce or flip the bottom rack? what do you do with the top one, and what kind of mess does it make and how long to get back up to temp while taking the smoker apart? I am thinking about getting one....

nice job!!!!!
I'm a "Foiler" so what I do is sauce the ribs after they have been in the foil for about 30-45min. I then remove the lid and top grate, place 3 racks on the bottom, 3 racks on top and put it back together. Takes about 5-10 min to get back up to temp, not too long at all.

Nice cooking, how did it feel, after it was all said and done?
Gracias landarc! After it was all over, I was tired big time. I had only gotten about 3 hrs of sleep the night before due to the fact the brisket and 2 racks of ribs had frozen in the fridge so I had to wait awhile for them to thaw out before I could prep them correctly. Ended up getting to bed around 2:15am and woke up at 5am to get the smokers started. I was running on pure adrenaline by then, trying to follow the time line I had set in order to have all the food ready by 3pm. Good thing I had some help towards the end, had the kids running around like lil worker ants. It's alot of work, but I loved it & would definately do it again.

Back