Anybody heard of a spoon steak? (Keep on topic)

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Had someone come into the store today asking for them... Did a little googleing and still cornfused..

Ash

It appears to be part of the sirloin, called Top Sirloin Butt, I am going to go see if that is a real name per IMPS,

Yep, IMPS 184, boneless Top Sirloin Butt roast, can be sectioned into steaks.

This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.

This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.
Yup thats what it's called up here in the northeast anyways. Very tender usually

Spoon roast, very yummy!! Have not done one in a while but with the price of roast beef at the deli I have actually been thinking about doing one soon.

I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

I typically cook both sides of the steak, but I'll try it this way. :thumb:

I cook spoon roasts quite often. I will cook no other cut for roast beef. I can see it being very good cut into steaks also. Think I'll be giving that a try this week.

Back