• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weekend Cook?

icemn62

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know it is the weekend following Thanksgiving, but is there anybody cooking this weekend? Or will you be like me and try to rid your self of the Turkey Day leftovers?

If I do any cooking, then I am going to work on the Chicken Thighs I did 2 weeks ago. They were good but I am shooting for perfection.

I would love to cook, but I will probably be working, as well as worrying about how much my wife is spending at the mall!

Turkey yesterday,turkey sammiches today.I'm need some porkkkkkkk tommorrow.i'm feeling weak :frown:

MrSmoker said:
Turkey yesterday,turkey sammiches today.I'm need some porkkkkkkk tommorrow.i'm feeling weak :frown:

Me too. We have been on vacation, I have not cooked much for a week, except for deep-frying a turkey yesterday, and coaching my son on a double-smoked ham.
I need real pork!!!!
It will be Sunday though. I am planning three or four slab of loin-backs, a few fatties to restock my freezer, and a butt to pull if I can get started early enough.

Since I didn't cook for Thanksgiving, I'm cooking tonight and tomorrow. Dinner tonight is my daughter's favorite, Lemon Chicken. She got the recipe from her 4th grade teacher. Its soo simple. Pound out some chicken breasts until they are 1/2 inch thick, bread and pary fry until done. remove the chicken to the oven to keep hot and deglaze the pan with some fresh lomon juice and add some lemon slices. Heat through and then serve over the checken.

Then, I am putting a 15 lb packer brisket into the Cookshack at about 8:00pm for tomorrow's dinner. I have it trimmed and rubbed down with Montreal Steak Seasoning. I'm going to use a little hickory and some apple wood.

Pictures to follow!

I got 3 fatties, 6 racks of Babybacks and about 3 dozen chicken thighs and who knows what else ready to go in the Bandera tomorrow morning. Poobah, BrooklynQ, RBSNWNGS, MilitantSquatter, Mel, SawdustGuy and a few others are coming over to rid their bodies of that fowl turkey.

SHOULD BE FUN!!!

Smoker

Sounds like a NEWYOFO Mini bash!!! After Thanksgiving, the last thing I want is Turkey. I am having some friends over tomorrow for dinner. Prime rib is on sale and I am fresh out of Phil's Undie rub:cry: Oh well, I will have to make due!!

spicewine said:
...I am fresh out of Phil's Undie rub:cry: Oh well, I will have to make due!!

Or make doo and come up with your own undie rub... :eek:

Did I really type that? I think I need a drink...

Fatties are done. I sliced an end off of one for a snack and then foiled them and stuck them in the fridge for morning. Brisket is chugging along nicely. Itsw at 102 internal right now.

Wifey is going to make soup with one of the turkey carcasses today. I'll divide up the leftover ham and turkey into smaller packages for the freezer. Had 1/2 a JD hot fatty for breakfast with some Triskets.

I think we're saving leftovers for otmorrow or Monday. I'm going to make some Asparagus Wild Rice soup with some of the leftover turkey.

My Monster brisket is looking great! My Nutemps are acting a bit wierd. I noticed that the brisket temp went from 181 to 199 in a 20 minute period, so I went out to the cooker with my instant read thermometer and probe a few places. I could feel resistance as I slid the probe in, so I knew it wasn't done. The instant read said it was 175. I put a nutemp probe in the same spot and it read 205. I wonder if the cold has affected the nutemp remotes?

I cooked a few butts yesterday and some chicken on the grill.

Willy T.

Sausage, sausage and more sausage. I tried one of those jalapeno and cheese stuffed fatties the other day and it was so good that I just put 3 more on the dera along with some link italian sausage and a half rack of babybacks. ummm only 3 more hours.

Pizza Hut delivery for tonight, We rode our bikes all day today. I AM cooking tomorrow, as I said earlier. You can smell my smoke by 9 am in the morning, maybe sooner. At least a pork butt, and some ribs, and fatties.

Let the good times roll:grin:

Mexican food at a restaurant tonight for the wife's 40th birthday. Tomorrow, I'll be serving up some ribs I've taken out of the freezer for lunch before my two brothers-in-law head for the airport. After that, who knows for my mom and dad-in-law, sis-in-law and neice?

Ron_L said:
I think we're saving leftovers for otmorrow or Monday. I'm going to make some Asparagus Wild Rice soup with some of the leftover turkey.

My Monster brisket is looking great! My Nutemps are acting a bit wierd. I noticed that the brisket temp went from 181 to 199 in a 20 minute period, so I went out to the cooker with my instant read thermometer and probe a few places. I could feel resistance as I slid the probe in, so I knew it wasn't done. The instant read said it was 175. I put a nutemp probe in the same spot and it read 205. I wonder if the cold has affected the nutemp remotes?

I bought 3 NU-Temps a few months back and they are off by anywhere from 5 to 7 degrees !! I don't trust them at all!! Not a happy customer!!

I switched probes and I had better readings. The flakey probe is not on my kitchen counter hooked up to a transmitter and it is reading 174. I don't think my house is that hot!

The 15 lb brisket ended up taking 22 1/2 hours (about 1.5 hrs. per pound). I foiled it and stuck it in a cooler at 185 internal. It turned out great! I really like brisket with montreal steak seasoning! I'll post a couple of pics in the morning.

We stuffed ourselves with turkey and pie for two days. I had a rib roast in the frig I wasn't sure what to do with. Sun came out, raked some leaves and fired up the ol' Brinkman. Mmmmmmm! Man that roast was scrum diddly umpsious. Threw in a fatty that we'll have for Sunday breakfast. I was also messing around in PhotoShop with a picture of the neighbors new pup. I'll try and post it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 57
Ron_L said:
Or make doo and come up with your own undie rub... :eek:

Did I really type that? I think I need a drink...

Yeah, Ron, ya sick farker, you DID type that! :shock: :wink:

Jeff, did you read Ron and Spicewine's posts above in this thread about flaky nu-temp probes? Is it possible that something like that happened to you with your turkey?

Back