Maverick ET-73 Range

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been pretty unhappy with the range on my Maverick ET-73 remote thermometer. If I try to take the receiver in the house, and I am not near one of the back windows, I loose signal constantly. My NuTemp is better, but not really great.

Well... There is a thread on the Virtual Weber Bulletin Board regarding the range on the ET-73. One of the guys there had an extra receiver, so he took it apart, and found a short antenna wire inside the case. He modified the case by adding a small notch and ran the wire outside of the case, and his range increased by quite a bit. Some others have now opened up their receivers, and quite a few folks have found that their receivers have no antenna wire at all! Some have added a wire cut to the sme length as the first guy found (.54 ft.), and their range has increased dramatically. Maverick has been contacted and they are looking into the issue. Since my Mav is basically useless as it is, I am going to modify mine this weekend to see what happens.

Here's a link to the thread on the VWBB...

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1780069052/m/7290051153/p/1

(Moderators... If its against the rules to post a link to other forums, please feel free to delete the link)

I have the same poor results with the Weber wireless therms. It is NuTemp or bust in my house.

Ron_L said:
(Moderators... If its against the rules to post a link to other forums, please feel free to delete the link)

Good info. No worries.

Back