Concession Sink Questions.

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Finally got to talk to Folks at Department of Agriculture and HD here in Pa and got a lot of information.

Here is where I am a little unsure, sink size?
I know I need a 3 compartment sink plus a hand wash sink, and they say the size has to be larger enough to wash your utensils and largest NON disposable dishes or pans.

My trailer will be 6X12 so want to keep the sinks as small as possible with out being too small.

I am thinking with doing Pulled Pork, Ribs, bbq beans, cole slaw and using some disposable tins etc the sink size does not have to be huge.
This is one I am considering, just hate to pay that price plus shipping, but may be one of those things that may be cheaper to get it already built than trying to build one yourself. Concession Sink

What size do you have and are they adequate in your opinion.

I am hoping the advice from those who are already doing this can help.

In PA do you have to completely immerse the item or can you do 1/2 at a time? These look pretty darn small - about 10x14". The listing says it only needs a five gallon tank. That's not much water divided by three sinks plus what you will use for handwashing. My rig has a 20 gallon tank with 30 gallon wastewater and it can be a challenge getting by on that amount during an event. About the only things you will be able to wash are tongs and measuring cups. Cutting boards and hotel pans will have to be disposable. Best of luck to you! Feel free to PM me with other questions.

In PA do you have to completely immerse the item or can you do 1/2 at a time? These look pretty darn small - about 10x14". The listing says it only needs a five gallon tank. That's not much water divided by three sinks plus what you will use for handwashing. My rig has a 20 gallon tank with 30 gallon wastewater and it can be a challenge getting by on that amount during an event. About the only things you will be able to wash are tongs and measuring cups. Cutting boards and hotel pans will have to be disposable. Best of luck to you! Feel free to PM me with other questions.

When I asked the supervisor at the HD about submerging he said you have to be able to adequately wash items. He did not see the need to submerge the entire cutting board. I may need to keep items disposable and small to start with.

I just purchased a little larger sink and going to do the plumbing myself with larger water tanks. I picked up a ss 3 bay sink that has 3 10.5X14.5X10" deep pans and 24" cutting / prep areas at each side.
I got a great deal on the sink, so if it turns out to be too small, can get a larger sink later.
Will have a separate hand washing sink near by.

When I get everything I am going to do a step by step post from start to passing inspection to help others who later need to do the same.

I found water pumps and heaters very reasonably priced at amazon.

If you have those skills, you can sure save a ton of money. I can do plumbing, just takes a very long time! :) That is about the size of my sinks, but without the prep space. Best of luck. I'm looking forward to your step by step post. It will be very helpful for those who follow.

my SOP's say disposable cutting boards so I can use bar sinks. Fully submerged means at least half must be under water so if using 18x24 cutting boards the sink must be 18 wide and about 14-15 deep. Cutting boards are the biggest problem with washing.

Back