• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thermoworks Super Fast mini thermometer

tgstrang

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm kind of tight a$$ ... I don't mind spending my money on stuff that I really want but I just couldn't justify spending $100 on a thermapen. I'd almost pulled the trigger one a few times but then I saw this little guy for less than 1/3rd of the price and went ahead and bought it. It's also made by thermoworks and is super fast and really well built. I guess the thermapen is supposed to read times 1-2 seconds faster but this thing is really fast and for me is a much better deal. Just wanted to pass it along to anyone who was in the same boat as me when wavering back and forth on the purchase of thermapen.

T

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DCCW5V0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's worth a try. I bought a different brand that was supposed to be 8-10 seconds and it's more like 15 seconds. Let us know how it works.

Does anyone have a comparison between a chefs thermometer like the classic kind and the thermopop?

I had a Taylor Digital, a Tru tel dial, and now a thermopop. The thermapop blows the others away. On the tru tel, it was an easy 15 sec.. The taylor was 8-10. The thermopop, 4 seconds. Its ridiculously good. and easier to read than the taylor, plus its backlit and shuts itself off. I like it it a lot! I was looking at the OP's choice when I got the thermopop. Looks to be a great choice as well.. Same speed as the pop, only big difference is it shuts off when you put it in the case vs auto off after a few minutes.

I have this model too. I like it. Let us know how this one works for you.

Yep, I love it. Reads plenty fast and is accurate. I would gladly buy 4-5 of these vs. the high end one. The great thing is I only need one and it's $20.

The thermoworks superfast pen is cheaper and just as fast or faster...mine reads in about 4 seconds.

I had a Taylor Digital, a Tru tel dial, and now a thermopop. The thermapop blows the others away. On the tru tel, it was an easy 15 sec.. The taylor was 8-10. The thermopop, 4 seconds. Its ridiculously good. and easier to read than the taylor, plus its backlit and shuts itself off. I like it it a lot! I was looking at the OP's choice when I got the thermopop. Looks to be a great choice as well.. Same speed as the pop, only big difference is it shuts off when you put it in the case vs auto off after a few minutes.

Those are cute! I've yet to buy a thermo of any kind... maybe I'll try one of these. Thanks for the comparison info. :-D

Ive got the RT600c and love it. Its leaps and bounds over my old thermometer.

I spent so much on cheaper thermometers I went with the Thermapen last year and bought the wife a CHEFALARM thinking she would leave mine alone....didn't happen so I am ordering her her own! I do love my Thermapen!

I also bought the super fast mini bc I wasn't gonna shell out for the thermapen right now. I am incredibly pleased with it and think it is one of the best tools I could have bought for bbq.

Back